Adjustable Height Pedestal Helm Seat

Calypso

Reaction score
A few years back, BM stopped offering the adjustable height seat, but it's back. 

Please share your likes and dislikes of this current offering.

For instance, at its lowest height, is it lower than the non-adjustable seat?  What is the range of height?  Is it sturdy?

Thanks in advance.

Wish it was available when I bought my boat.

I bought what was supposed to be the adjustable post from our dealer as it was offered the year after we purchased our boat. At the max height it was no higher than my standard seat, just that it would go lower. Maybe he got me the wrong one but he supposedly verified it was correct. Will be adding the elevated helm  to the next boat. 

I bought what was supposed to be the adjustable post from our dealer as it was offered the year after we purchased our boat. At the max height it was no higher than my standard seat, just that it would go lower. Maybe he got me the wrong one but he supposedly verified it was correct. Will be adding the elevated helm  to the next boat. 

Who in the heck wants to see where there going anyways !  :lol:

I would like to see it go one step further and have the flip up portion to stand up and  lean against.  

I would like to see it go one step further and have the flip up portion to stand up and  lean against.  

I think there used to be an S series helm chair that did this.

On the Adjustable helm chair I have from Bennington, at it's lowest setting it is like a standard helm, but will rise about 4 - 5 inches

Last edited by a moderator:
I was torn between the elevated helm and the adjustable one.  After much thought we went with the elevated helm and our very happy with it.

I got the adjustable height one and the dealer came out and is replacing it because it wobbles. 

I weigh around 200 so not to much weight on it. I'll wait for new one before making any comment on it. 

I got the adjustable height one and the dealer came out and is replacing it because it wobbles.

I weigh around 200 so not to much weight on it. I'll wait for new one before making any comment on it.
We are debating on adjustable height chair or bolster. Any thoughts/suggestions?

I had an elevated helm on our second Benny and I could swear that the seat wasn't actually any higher off the main floor than the non-elevated helm was. I'm probably wrong, but the point is that I would have loved to raise the seat on both of them.

I just the ordered a 2018 22SSRXP and was going to order the adjustable height helm seat. A dealer at the NJ Boat Show recommended that I get the helm seat with bolster instead. If you are iin salt water, it seems that the hydraulic seat adjuster doesn't hold up.

I did not order the bolster captain's seat on our 20SSRX because it would not match the adjacent copilot's seat, and I didn't want two bolster seats. Actually, our guide on our recent factory tour pointed that out and talked me out of it.

Our dealer talked us out of it too and once we sat in them it didn't add whole lot and felt like something extra that would go wrong. I'm tall so it might not matter, if you're on the short side you might want the bolster instead

Back