Advice for a new owner

No, I have not. I like to try and figure things out on my own before getting the stealerships involved. That would be my last resort if I cannot get it sorted out.

Thanks for the responses, all. I still feel like I have an additional issue of all my water not passing through from the front storage toon to the rear section where the bilge pump is. I attached a quick sketch of where I'm thinking the issue is as there is no real way to tell (that I can think of) to ensure the water is flowing freely between all sections of the center toon. I ensured there was no blockage at the front small drain hole and was able to get my glow rods through both plates but as the drain holes are offset, was not able to get straight to the back plate that I cannot access to see if there was a potential clog/blockage there. Any thoughts or remedies to this?View attachment 34148
Parking on a hill will tell you: downhill excess water will flow into the front, if significant. You could also toss in a bucket or two of water while parked downhill, then park uphill - all except for a cup or two should slow to the back and most will get pumped out (or turn pump off so you can observer the water moving back and forth). Capture the water as it get's pumped out, and compare with how much you put in.

It for sure should be flowing to the back of the toon. We pull it up on shore behind the house and it is always somewhat angles towards the back.

The bilge pump in my 2022 never gets all the water out of the center pontoon, and it leaves about 2 gallons of water which I find unacceptable. So, I regularly hook up a little pump (bought from the local hardware store - which has a 1/2 in clear hose attached to both ends of the pump) to my drill and pump out the water the bilge pump doesn't get. It's a little annoying. My boat is in the water all summer and the amount of condensation in the tube is unbelievable so I pump it out every month or so. I don't put anything in it. If I had to do it again, I would not order the center tube storage option.

The bilge pump in my 2022 never gets all the water out of the center pontoon, and it leaves about 2 gallons of water which I find unacceptable. So, I regularly hook up a little pump (bought from the local hardware store - which has a 1/2 in clear hose attached to both ends of the pump) to my drill and pump out the water the bilge pump doesn't get. It's a little annoying. My boat is in the water all summer and the amount of condensation in the tube is unbelievable so I pump it out every month or so. I don't put anything in it. If I had to do it again, I would not order the center tube storage option.

Interesting... I almost accidentally got the center tube storage. wasn't planning on it, but now that I have it, i couldn't get by without it. No clue how I'd deal with essentially no storage otherwise. but i'm always out with 8ish folks on board, most of them teens doing watersports, etc. so I haul a lot of crap all the time.

Also... most of the water in the center toon isn't from condensation, or leaks. if your cover doesn't completely keep the front deck dry at dock, dew/rain is running down the deck and right into the locker... That said, i think a better drying solution is in order. working on something custom. hang tight till mid summer. ;)

Look at arid dry bilge system. It’s pricey but it will put you on the path to a MUCH cheaper product and a diy system for super cheap. I have a solar fan and panel ($50) that runs all day on center tube storage and it has done wonders. I do have more dirt in there though.

Look at arid dry bilge system. It’s pricey but it will put you on the path to a MUCH cheaper product and a diy system for super cheap. I have a solar fan and panel ($50) that runs all day on center tube storage and it has done wonders. I do have more dirt in there though.

do you happen to have a link to that fan?

Cable looks incredibly short for it. How long is it on your set up or did you replace with a longer cable?
Cable is very short. I spliced in a 20 foot cable and leave panel on back deck with a line around the tow bar. I don’t want the panel blowing off into water. (Boat is on lift) 55 mph winds last night no issue at all.

Back