Advice on negotiating price - key options to get

nickevans10

Reaction score
I'm going in today to hopefully order a Bennington today. I'm going to test drive one, and chose between a LSR or LFB, and decide between 22 and 24 foot. The last decision is either a 150 or 200.

I know prices have skyrocketed over the past 6-9 months on not only the boat, but also almost all add ons. It's frustrating that the price has gone up that much, and in some cases does not seem justified, but I guess it all comes down to supply and demand. It's a sellers market. I'm hoping that I can get at least 15% off.

Do you have any recommendations on negotiating price and or options? Are there any options that you think I should absolutely get?

I'd love to be able to add an open sport arch, but it's not available in quad lounge. Anyone have any chance with dealer getting that added?

Oh, I've decided to go with the TurboSwing to be able to pull tubes.

Last edited:
200 HP , max out the hp with your toon package . You will never buy hp for less that the time of original purchase .

I had an arch on my 2014 ,they are Very Heavy .Too much added weight for me .
Here are some OEM Aches .

As far as negotiating ,its a sellers market right now ,you will not get the same % off as others did 2 years ago and there was a recent price increase .Good Luck .

If you can swing the SPS Plus ,get the 250 .Not sure if it's available on what model you are ordering, but a No Cost option is Direct Fuel Fill .

If you can swing the SPS Plus ,get the 250 .Not sure if it's available on what model you are ordering, but a No Cost option is Direct Fuel Fill .
I wish I could, but I'm already tapped out. If I can get sps with 200 I'll be thrilled

Look at the Direct Fuel Fill . It's no added cost .

Yes ,it's on the floor in the stern .

It's not available on all models ,check the build site

I gotta say, I much prefer the port fill. Pull up to the marina, and my fuel cap is right there for them. Same if I were to ever fill it dockside. No need to come across the aft deck. I’d say consider what might be easier for you…different options for different tastes.

As for any other options I wouldn’t live without (which perhaps you’re already considering):
* Extended aft deck - wouldn’t own one without it!
* Power assist steering with that HP
* Center toon storage if trailering, not as critical if dockside

I love most all of my options, but the above are tops on my list outdid of things like motor, layout, hull…the main boat stuff.

I must say, we went above budget by close to 8k back in the day. Fretted over it so much at the time and immediately afterwards. That all faded away once we had it on the water, and we’ve never looked back since.

Good luck to you. I hope it falls into place well.

Thought you were getting a Merc . Were you able to get the Direct Fuel Fill?

Power steering? Stainless Steel prop ?

Back