Advice on negotiating price - key options to get

No we went put for a test ride and honestly it was pretty smooth without power steering. I asked the rep and he said he hardly ever orders one on 150s.

No we went put for a test ride and honestly it was pretty smooth without power steering. I asked the rep and he said he hardly ever orders one on 150s.
Ask him if they have one with and one without PS for you to test Drive . Try some turns at higher speeds.

Do a search here ,others have regretted not getting it .

Ask him if they have one with and one without PS for you to test Drive . Try some turns at higher speeds.

Do a search here ,others have regretted not getting it .
I drove the boat at about top end, 35 and did a hard turn. It felt fine but I see your point.

We already did the deal. I guess I can ask him to add it??

I drove the boat at about top end, 35 and did a hard turn. It felt fine but I see your point.

Since plan to do tubing and water sports, I’d recommend calling the salesperson up and adding power assist steering onto the boat. When tubing everyone wants to go zig-zagging and looping nearly 100% of the time. That is nothing but spinning that while back and forth for hours. It can add up when you also want to enjoy the trip yourself via conversation and music while captaining the helm safely.

Yes you can add it .Bennington most likely has not even received the order yet .
On my 23 RCWSA ( the arch ) and a 150 I was able to get to 38 .Clean toons ,my wife and I and a full tank . You should hit at least 40 with yours

Since plan to do tubing and water sports, I’d recommend calling the salesperson up and adding power assist steering onto the boat. When tubing everyone wants to go zig-zagging and looping nearly 100% of the time. That is nothing but spinning that while back and forth for hours. It can add up when you also want to enjoy the trip yourself via conversation and music while captaining the helm safely.
I actually went with 150 instead, but yes after the feedback I'll ask to get it added. What's 3k at this point

Yes you can add it .Bennington most likely has not even received the order yet .
On my 23 RCWSA ( the arch ) and a 150 I was able to get to 38 .Clean toons ,my wife and I and a full tank . You should hit at least 40 with yours
The msrp is 4k, I'm thinking I could ask for 2.5k.

You know what percentage off you already received . Try low , Good luck

The msrp is 4k, I'm thinking I could ask for 2.5k.
I’d give it a try. “Hey, i’ve been thinking more on power assist steering. How about we get that added for 2.5k? Sound good!”

$4K MSRP to add it is pretty pricey. I wouldn’t want to go more than 3k.

On the flip side, power assist can be added after the fact to hydraulic steering, but then would not be covered under warranty. If they stay firm on 4K price, take it as ordered. Play around with it. If you find it manageable, no worries. If you find you are doing tons of tubing and would like to make it a little easier, then maybe get it added after the first season…?

Or maybe just go with a suicide wheel for when tubing but otherwise not worry about it if you didn’t mind the feel already on your test ride.

Something like this is just $15 on Amazon:

Spinner Wheel

Also if anyone is interested, the MSRP was around 77.5 plus 3k for delivery and setup, so total of around 81k. So we ended up getting around 13% off for a total of 71k. He also threw in stainless steel prop and 750 in shop credit. I was hoping to get to 69k, but in this environment it's tough. It hard to swallow that the same boat 9 months ago was probably 7-10k cheaper. Oh well, I'm buying experiences. After the deal I asked when things will stabilize and he said Bennington told them it probably wouldn't happen until 2024 and they're will likely be more MSRP price increase over that period.

Unfortunately pontoons are just more expensive now. You could wait for a larger discount but you'll be waiting for 2 plus years and there's no guarantee you'll get a better deal

I'm happy I made the deal. My family will enjoy it for sure.

My local dealership says the same thing about when rec. craft (including pontoons) is likely to stabilize. 13% in this market isnt’ too bad honestly. And you are right…buying memories. Our youngest is a senior in high school this year. Our older boys are rarely up now that they are post-college or in college. I am sure she will be similar. It goes fast. Get the memories when you can make them happen.

Congratulations on getting your first Bennington. Hope you post some pictures next summer when you get it. Always nice looking at the shinny new boats.

Okay.....I respect Jack and Vikingstaff's opinion on adding power steering. It does make it easier to turn. It was built in on our I/O and loved it! But we don't need it on our 150. We have Seastar hydraulic steering and have no problem turning the wheel no matter what we are doing. My wife has no complaints. I agree outboards above 150hp probably need power steering but we do not.....Just giving you another 2 cents......

I agree with BK. It all depends on how you are going to use your boat. We only have a 115 and I wouldn’t want to have to do it all day but sharp turns is not that difficult without power steering

You wont regret it . Now ,how else can we help you spend your money ? :cool:
I went ahead and added power steering. It seemed worth it based on my need for lots of tubing and will help when my younger kids want to drive or older parents.

Thanks to everyone for their input.

My son was steering our boat at 2 years old due to the ease with power steering. Makes it as easy as driving a car.

Back