After 7 months of planning.

mad4sax

Reaction score
After 7 months of planning and shopping around for a pontoon boat we finally placed our order.

We have been on so many different brands and layouts. Much to my wife's distress I went toward fishing in the back and not the model with a bar. :-D

We settled on 2016 22 SSX APG Premium Regatta blue with a champagne accent. Blue canvas and Sandstone interior. Designer vinyl floor throughout.

I know we will be told we need more power but got the Yamaha 115 on it. Our friends have a 22 foot pontoon with a 50 HP so ours will be a speed boat.

Options:

Blue LED Bimini and light up cup holders and console panel for them.

2 extra cup holders.

Maple matte trim with the trapezoid table and a rectangular bow table also the maple steering wheel upgrade.

Deluxe bass seats and the G series helm.

Kicker KMC10 upgrade with the illuminated speakers.

Echo map 53dv center mounted on the helm.

Tilt steering.

Dual batteries with switch.

Privacy Enclosure.

Heavy duty rub rail and Sharkhide.

46" ski pylon. (Ready for the not enough power to ski flames :) )

Stainless steel docking lights.

Tandem trailer with brakes.

Now to wait for it to arrive and winter to go away!!

"...46" ski pylon. (Ready for the not enough power to ski flames :) ..."

Ha ha ha.  You'll have plenty of power to ski (and kneeboard) with the 115.  Just not enough for an exciting tubing ride.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to the club .Be aware of P.A.D.s 

Congratulations On Your New Benny 

It will give you memories which will last a lifetime

Looking forward to pics when you get the boat 

ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY 

Bennington 

The Gold Standard of Pontoon 

IMG_4403-Edit-2.jpg

Mad4sax

Nice build. My only thought is from experience. We too have the designer vinyl flooring and love it. No slip, not to hot, and looks great. My only concern is if you fish with baits such as crappie bait the texture of the floor can be a problem to clean if the bait gets smashed into it. with our previous pontoon we always had a pole on board just in case someone wanted to drop a line. The poles have all been banned to the fishing boat after a couple of clean ups.

We've had plenty of fun tubing behind a 60hp pontoon!  Not everyone likes to be pulled fast on the tube, and for those that have never ridden a tube before, the 60hp is plenty to get them smiling.  

Congrats and enjoy the new boat!

Jack

Sounds like a great new boat and a pretty spiffy color combo....not that I'm biased when it comes to color combo's.  

DSC01634_zps267ad71d.jpg

Congratulations mad4sax.  I see from you're from Central NY and I looked at the Bennington Owners Locater Map but can't tell which lake you boat on, Onondaga, finger lakes or Oneida.  As I go out the Thruway I see Onondaga but I am really curious about Oneida, looks like a huge lake on the map and would like to hear more about it 

Congrats and enjoy the new boat!

Jack

Got the email from my dealer today. 

Boat is built and being shipped out to they!

Should have pics by next weekend.   :D

Curious when you say Central New York 

Will you be boating on The Finger Lakes Near Ithaca 

Beautiful area with miles of water or near Syracuse ... Onondaga Lake 

Just Curious as Temps in Ohio hit 20F  tonight 

Last edited by a moderator:
Curious here also, waiting ourselves on our build. But once we get our new boat, we will be on Seneca Lake , Watkins Glen NY . One of the Finger Lakes , miles and miles  of water to boat on. As I write this, its snowing again. 

Welcome Hornby, glad to see another NY'er on here

Thank you Link. We do have some wonderful lakes to go boating on. I just looked to see about Sacandaga Lake. About three and a half hours from here. Looks like  a great lake. 

Congratulations mad4sax.  I see from you're from Central NY and I looked at the Bennington Owners Locater Map but can't tell which lake you boat on, Onondaga, finger lakes or Oneida.  As I go out the Thruway I see Onondaga but I am really curious about Oneida, looks like a huge lake on the map and would like to hear more about it 

I live not far from Onondaga Lake. It is my favorite shore fishing lake. But when I had a boat before ( been about 12 years since I owned a boat) I fished the finger lakes and that is where I plan on mostly boating. Otisco, Skaneateles, Owasco (the marine I am getting it from is on this one), Cayuga( friends have a camp on it) and Seneca. That being said I have friends that boat Oneida also.

I guess CNY has so many choices. This is why I am going to trailer it. 

B)

Back