Aftermarket Stereo 2 (too)

Having read all of this I still have a question. With poor reception on our lake I purchased a Sirius receiver which attached to the aux jack on the front of the radio. It worked OK, but there are wires running around on the console, power, cable to radio and antenna. My wife gave me a the money for a Sirius radio for the boat, but when I started looking the only thing I found was sat ready radios that required an additional receiver to be attached to the radio. The receiver can be mounted under the console and attached to the back of the radio. My question is, is there a self contained radio that can be purchased in a single unit?

My jeep has Sirius mode on the radio that came on it, but I don't know if there is a separate sat module or is it built into the radio. I would like to find a single unit to replace my Sony with if there is such a thing....................does anyone know?

Royo

Royo, there are radios that can be bought with Sirius. From Sirius website this is how you check:

To see if your vehicle already has Sirius or XM built in, press the AUX or SAT band button on your radio controls to scroll through the radio bands. If the service is activated, you can use your radio controls to scan through all of the channels. If your service is not activated, you will only have a limited number of channels available. To activate, call SiriusXM toll-free at 1-866-635-7764.

Our lake also has lousy reception so when my first boat did not have sirius I found it much more cost effective to purchase the add-on unit and had it mounted in the helm storage. Now with my Benny we didn't even transfer the sirius unit to it, we use our IPod or IPhone

Royo,

I think all stereos need an add on unit for Sirius/XM. I could be wrong, but even when I've replaced stock stereos that had it from the factory, it was always a separate unit.

Back