Airplane Take Off

Vikingstaff

Reaction score
Not pontoon related, but lake related. I though some of my southern friends on here might get a kick out of the airplane take off on our lake. Mid to late season you will get a handful of planes periodically landing on, and taking off from, our frozen lake. Like this time, it is not unusual that they might be at a lakeside restaurant.

I happened upon it just as they were getting set for take off while snowmobiling around the lake, I stopped to get the “up close” video of it. Pretty cool up close!

Winter Airplane Take Off from Houghton Lake, Michigan

That's definitely a little different than Alabama. We have 2 to 3 different seaplane that practice landing and taking off on Lay lake. It's pretty neat to watch them on ice or in our case water.

Thanks for sharing! I’m officially jealous that you’re out and about snowmobiling on such a gorgeous day and just happen to catch a plane talking off. As I like to say, timing is everything in life. Limberlost?

Very cool video. Have a handful of planes at our lake, Sacandaga that are regulars. Like it hon some of them often put videos up showing their perspective from the air.
Also have many vids from drones on YouTube of the lake

Back