Almost that time!

BigKahuna

Reaction score
Went to our marina to plug the onboard battery charger/conditioner in. I do that once a month in the off season to make sure the batteries are in tip top shape come spring time! I was talking to the forklift driver that brought our boat out and he told me that he had 8 reservations/requests to have their boats dropped in today. I mean it's a nice day in NC but it's sunny, 59 degrees and a little breezy. I think a bit too chilly for me once you get on that water!

BigKahuna, Never to Chilly, We are on Dale Hollow just West of you in Tennessee and we boat Year around. Try to stay above freezing temps but Winter is all about the Eagles. There are residents all year but many Winter on the lake so its enjoyable to see them when there are a few more to see. It is so Quiet and differant than the warm months. I know its not for everyone but I just Love it.

Went to our marina to plug the onboard battery charger/conditioner in. I do that once a month in the off season to make sure the batteries are in tip top shape come spring time! I was talking to the forklift driver that brought our boat out and he told me that he had 8 reservations/requests to have their boats dropped in today. I mean it's a nice day in NC but it's sunny, 59 degrees and a little breezy. I think a bit too chilly for me once you get on that water!
Meanwhile, me the past three hours in Michigan:

B28966EE-DE8A-4F39-B713-128CF3D918AB.jpeg3371BF91-E600-411D-BFB8-07AEE1DB1A67.jpeg341E9B41-88D7-4D6E-A4B6-1E3C8CAE41AC.jpeg

And our Lake below. Questionably frozen in front of our lake house (right), but the other picture (left) is the north bay and it is all liquid. That spot for the north bay is typically where I would head to from the lake to get up near the trailhead access for snowmobiling into early March. It is about 2-3 miles north of our cottage.

32D06C93-794C-45A9-A371-2EDC5476E79D.jpegF935F955-6C8C-4E47-B6B5-47C900A33525.jpeg

BigKahuna, Never to Chilly, We are on Dale Hollow just West of you in Tennessee and we boat Year around. Try to stay above freezing temps but Winter is all about the Eagles. There are residents all year but many Winter on the lake so its enjoyable to see them when there are a few more to see. It is so Quiet and differant than the warm months. I know its not for everyone but I just Love it.
We usually like to swim when we go out on the boat. Can't do that this time of year! Is Dale Hollow muddy looking or brown ?!? We've had so much rain lately. The water is unsettled and there are logs and crap floating all over!

View attachment 35315View attachment 35316View attachment 35317

And our Lake below. Questionably frozen in front of our lake house (right), but the other picture (left) is the north bay and it is all liquid. That spot for the north bay is typically where I would head to from the lake to get up near the trailhead access for snowmobiling into early March. It is about 2-3 miles north of our cottage.

View attachment 35318View attachment 35319
Jeff I get cold just looking at your posts! I remember snowmobiling back in the day in New England, Colorado and Canada. So much fun! Hope you and your family enjoy every minute of it!

View attachment 35315View attachment 35316View attachment 35317

View attachment 35318View attachment 35319
Whoa! Looks like you got a bit more snow than we did down state. Enjoy…

We usually like to swim when we go out on the boat. Can't do that this time of year! Is Dale Hollow muddy looking or brown ?!? We've had so much rain lately. The water is unsettled and there are logs and crap floating all over!
Dale Hollow is not muddy,Very rarely do you even see trash floating. Very Beutiful place to enjoy water and the veiws for sure.

We sure did. Enough to hit the trails, seasonal roads and 2-tracks for about 4 days of snowmobiling. All of that after I was certain our season was over before it really had much of an opportunity to begin. It was an amazing long weekend of winter up here.

Oh…and the north bay where your beautiful cottage is was totally liquid. The entire bay. Just crazy for Feb!!! One of the pictures above is taken from the road end at Angelos facing somewhat towards your place on the opposite shoreline.

Our conditions in Havasu are just terrible - the high today is a chilly 75 and the water temp is a bone freezing 57....1708363915138.png

Back