Aluminum side panel

1TOON3

Reaction score
Any helpful hints on dealing with a pushed in aluminum panel on the port front corner. Shocked that a rogue wake from a 30' cruiser at WOT could damage the aluminum so easy. I have a 2012 2274 GL on the water less than a month.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any helpful hints on dealing with a pushed in aluminum panel on the port front corner. Shocked that a rogue wake from a 30' cruiser at WOT could damage the aluminum so easy. I have a 2012 2274 GL on the water less than a month.
Are you sure it's aluminum? Most new boats are a flexible material! If it is Aluminum you can usually just pop it back out and unless it's really bent allot and creased you usually cant' see the bend after popping it out. I have an older 2275RL and it occasionally does this if I hit a solid wave but just pops back out....

If the dent is in the front corner with the furniture behind it, you might have to move the furniture to access behind it.

If the dent is in the front corner with the furniture behind it, you might have to move the furniture to access behind it.
Any ideas on what is involved in that, it does have a couch blocking access to push out the dent. I say dent, but it is the size of a beachball.....

The furniture is screwed to the floor/deck. It should be accessable from under the cushions of the seat.

My '09 was also nut and bolted to the railing system, look around the rail, the just are kind of awkward to get to under the seat, gotta reach up, oh and watch out for inside the seat when you reach your hand back there, mine had lots of really sharp edges of plastic cut my hand like crazy trying to tighten, had 2 keep coming loose, little dab of semi permanent lock tote, problem solved. Although on another note, lock tote does not feel good in fresh open cut.

Derrick

Not sure what the dent looks like, but do you think you could use a suction cup to pull it out? Might not have to remove seats that way.

Try soapy water (to make a tight seal) on a toilet plunger.

Back