Anchor Light/Cam Lock

dcstoddard

Reaction score
Lots of Smart Folks here so I will give this a whirl -

2004 Boat and the "Cam Lock" on the Anchor Light has given up. Teeth have worn out from the previous owner. Tried star washers, rubber, lock,, etc. Will not stay in the up position for long or at any speed. TB has advised that this light from Perko is obsolete. Dealer is indicated they might be able to find a replacement cam part but been slow going.

I can replace the entire light with a similar deal from Perko or a new LED set up but I find that the bases attach/swivel east-west rather than north/south (least it look that way on-line). Don't think they will fir the bimini rail is the point. Any thoughts on a repair here??

Thanks in advance -

DCS

Cam Lock Perko 1.jpgCam Lock Perko 4.jpg

Cam Lock Perko 2.jpg

If the light can stay upright, you could drill a couple of holes and use roll pins to lock it in place.

Dont feel bad the light on my 2012 is not far behind your's IMO this and the Rubber ladder latch are some of the items that need to be re tooled and sourced cause they keep having problems

How about taking the light off, splitting the two halves and grinding the cam 'grooves' a little deeper? Another thought - check to make sure that some of the threads on the bolt that tightens the cam in place are not stripped - maybe try replacing it.

Back