Anchor Winch

MKB

Reaction score
The previous owner of my Bennington installed a Trac T10109-35 anchor winch. I never tried it until today. It’s supposed to be a free fall after pressing the down button but it won’t release. The retract function works fine, just not down. Ive manually unwound the line to make sure it wasn’t bound, but still won’t release. Looking for suggestions. The manual is useless. Also there’s a small button between the up and down I thought might be a reset button but still no down. Maybe it’s just a bad switch but the units only a year old. Help!!!

Attachments

• IMG_3812.jpeg
    IMG_3812.jpeg
    121.2 KB · Views: 22
Have you contacted the manufacture of the winch ?

Are you sure it's a free fall? Starting around the 2:35 mark you can see these are on a worm gear so the motor controls both deploy and retrieve.

Is the model in the video that same as yours? Perhaps not, but I would pull the panel off the gearcase and confirm.

Thanks for the video. I’ve ordered a new switch and relays as it has to be one or the other, or both. The switch works fine to retract just not down. I’ll try both and see if that solves the down problem.

I see you’re a well known member. ive been looking for a non-acid aluminum toon cleaner and only one I’ve found is Booyah Aluminum cleaner. They claim it’s acid free and won’t hurt paint. Reviews I’ve found are mixed. Have you ever used this product or can suggest a non-acid alternative to clean my barrels. Thanks

Be careful, I might be "well known" for giving bad advice!

I actually let my dealer handle this one, I'm sure they use muriatic or Alumabrite but then pressure wash off quickly to get them nice and clean. As far as DIY I get underneath with a scotchbrite pad and a snorkel and just put in the time to knock the algae down. Tedious work but in the summer on the sand bar I just make a nice day of it with food, drink, music etc.

Sorry couldn't offer more, if I talk to the dealer soon I'll ask what they use.

Back