Any bennie owners that go to portage lakes in ohio

Hoss

Reaction score
Just ordered a 2075gl would like to meet any bennie owners that go to portage lakes in ohio and surrounding area . And looking for ideas on other great lakes they have visited and liked for pontoons .... Hoss

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoss,

We have boated at portage lakes in the past but now boat almost exclusively at Salt Fork. It's a longer drive (about 1.5 hours), but it's much less crowded, lots of area to boat, and quite peacful. Portage lakes is all "no wake" with the exception of a couple of circles that you can speed or ski at specified times (ski time and speed time are separate). Portage is close and they have restaurants on the lake so that is kind of neat. Overall, I prefer watching wildlife and a natural setting around the lake - portage lakes is all houses. That being said, if I boated at portage lakes I'd get much more time on the water.

We have also boated at West Branch and Milton. Both are nice, but get very crowded. We dock our boat at Salt Fork so we are not towing every time. In my opinion it's the only way to go - regardless of what lake you choose.

Noticed you are from Medina - we are right down the road in Bath. Where did you order your boat from?

Shawn

We ordered it from Bee Sports in St John Michigan . We went to the Detroit Boat show and they had the best price. And we go to Burt Lake in Indian River Michigan alot 35 miles south of mackinaw bridge.. Hope to retire there someday...Everybody else around here wanted too much money for what they wanted here we got trailer and boat and all accessories for... 2012 GLI with Matadore Red outside with Ivory Interior get it in beginning of May. Being built right now . Would be nice to boat or meet other Bennie owners

Back