Any Thought on what is going on in the Pictures

Dtaylor2954

Reaction score
I put the boat up first of October last year, dry raked stored in southeast Alabama. Moved the boat last Wednesday to our new place in North Alabama 3 hours away and noticed this area toward the rear of the boat on the floor. This wrinkle was not on the floor, when stored in October. I was not present, when the boat was placed on the trailer, but know the person transporting the boat has well as the operator of the forklift, at the old Marina, I feel sure nothing happened on their end. Never have pulled a Pontoon boat out of storage during this time of year. Just curious, if this is due to the wood being completely dried out from sitting for about 4 months are the expanding and contracting of the floor due to temperature change. This is my third Bennington, but like I said, the first time to take one out of storage in Winter, Most of the time it, would have been around April first. 2021 SXRX 200 HP

Attachments

• w.jpg
    w.jpg
    343.8 KB · Views: 135
  • w1.jpg
    w1.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 132
Warranty, contact your dealer

Possible that's where two sheets of marine plywood come together. Maybe something flexed the deck (forklift arms underneath?) and stretched the seagrass vinyl?

Wasn't there a thread here about ,bad glue on flooring ?
There was one awhile ago, but I cannot remember what time frame boats it had impacted. Maybe some in either 2020 or 2021…?

Agree though with you above, worth following up with dealer with this as a warranty concern.

Like Poto is mentioned above, sure does seem to be along what appears to be a floor plywood seam.

Dampen the area around the wrinkle and it may go away. Due to wood swelling.
TT

The Forklift picked the boat up at least 25 times this summer from April to October not to mention when I bought it and had it delivered last December and never any sign of a wrinkle. The boat now is stored at a covered dock out of the water. Maybe when the weather gets hot and humid again, things will correct themselves. Guess I will have to wait and see what happens, as the climate changes. Thanks for all the responses.

Did anyone search for the bad glue thread ? Both mentioned are 2021 S models .

I remember it ,I don't recall when (crs)

Back