Anybody have the 30' with the 10' beam?

Trippernsc

Reaction score
Thinking about pricing the 30' Q, 10' wide. Anybody had one our been in one? I've love to hear about experiences with this type boat.

I looked at a used one. The extra space was all on the front, outside of the seating area. Therefore, it had no more space (fore and aft) than an 28’ inside the gates. Of course it had more room from side to side. I passed when the salesman pointed out the aftermarket joystick disaster. I solely was in the market for a joystick steering. After seeing where the extra space was, I would have to figure what I would do with it before buying. If that space would go on the back, it would be way more useful. You could have a grill and a buffet, it is so large.

I looked at a used one. The extra space was all on the front, outside of the seating area. Therefore, it had no more space (fore and aft) than an 28’ inside the gates. Of course it had more room from side to side. I passed when the salesman pointed out the aftermarket joystick disaster. I solely was in the market for a joystick steering. After seeing where the extra space was, I would have to figure what I would do with it before buying. If that space would go on the back, it would be way more useful. You could have a grill and a buffet, it is so large.
May I ask,
What "aftermarket joy stick disaster" are you speaking of?
Scott

What you’re looking at is a beast, to say the least. I had the pleasure of boarding one on our lake two years ago and I’ll be honest that I wasn’t real impressed with the overall use of space. The one I was on had a pretty typical seating arrangement, so what was gained was a lot of space in the middle which was not utilized. Maybe now they have optional floor plans that include L-shaped seating amidship.

All that said, if you’re on big water something like that would perform quite well while providing plenty of room to stretch out. Like most things, a lot depends on how you’re going to use it! Keep us posted on what you decide.

It had twin Yamaha 400’s and the joystick was added after market. Helmmaster I believe is the Yamaha name. They ended up canting the engines outward so the props couldn’t hit each other. The sales guy said the lower unit on one had a crack and he figures it’s the stress of having the engine off vertical. He also said the control of boat was not very good, again from the engine angles.

It's a hefty price tag, so I'm hoping the dealer can send me to someone who has one to look at. I can get a 30' bowrider with twins for a good bit less, but it may not be as luxurious. We currently have a 25 Q with arch, and it just doesn't have a lot of space for movig through or sitting (the arch support takes a lot of walking space).

It's a hefty price tag, so I'm hoping the dealer can send me to someone who has one to look at. I can get a 30' bowrider with twins for a good bit less, but it may not be as luxurious. We currently have a 25 Q with arch, and it just doesn't have a lot of space for movig through or sitting (the arch support takes a lot of walking space).
The extra foot and a half really felt like more to me so you definitely don’t feel crowded. Yup, I’d agree for that kind of coin, I’d certainly want to sit in one before I plunk down a deposit. I’m sure a motivated dealer can point you in the right direction. Road trip anyone?? :)

We have a 2024 30' QSBWA X2 with the Yamaha 300's. Took delivery of it at the end of last September and already have 196 hours on it. Has the Helm Master EX, aka the joystick, and we have only had one issue with the Helm Master system and that looks to have been due to a bad ground terminal on the starboard battery. Performance and handling we love the boat. The extra room is nice and great to have. The ride is something else.

Things that we miss: In floor storage. We went with the twin 83 gallon tanks when it was available so we don't have the in floor storage. The bite on the water with an I/O for water sports in turns. Any turning and it seems to cavitate more than our old I/O did.

With the issues we have ran into, we do love the boat.

The issues we have had were most of build issues and what one would call lack of pride and QA. Welding wire sticking out off the toon's basically at every steam. Bimini support poles literally built upside down. Sharkhide application wasn't done properly and many spots missed. Anodizing missing from one port of one of the panels. Stern gate installed at an angle so wouldn't close properly. Loose battery connection. Wave shield by the side skirting rivited into air and not metal supports. Snaps for stern bimini boot failing and coming out of the material, twist locks seem to be have been a much better design than the current snaps being used.

Design flaws: Transducer location, at 10 MPH the stern is already lifting enough that the transducer is out of the water. We added a piece of channel to lower the transducer and we now have depth readings, depending on depth, at WOT. Goal was to have depth readings at cruise speed. Clearance between the lift up section of the swingback seat and the stern bimini, we have to ensure we raise the stern bimini before opening the swingback rear section or it hits/rubs the stern bimini. The new style head rests or seat backs that sit infront of the helms, we love the dual action to open that compartment but had to switch out the nuts with nylon nuts so the nuts would stop falling off of the screws.

We use the boat almost daily. With the issues we have/had, we still love the boat. We added our Magma grill to the bow, added a four bank battery charger and added a deep cycle battery under the port side helm to run an ICECO cooler/freezer. Obnoxious 20' flag poles where the ski pylons go. One other issue that comes to mind... The size, it's a big boat to wash and clean. The boat is a big heavy boat and the storage compartments seem standard to other models, with an extra bin added at the bow seat of the wide beam boats. We have to seperate our anchor, Fortress fluke style, from the anchor rode and store them in seperate compartments, stern section of the swingback. I'm pretty sure the large box anchor would fit in the compartment that we use for anchor rode storage, but it's just too heavy to handle most of the time.

The extra foot and a half really felt like more to me so you definitely don’t feel crowded. Yup, I’d agree for that kind of coin, I’d certainly want to sit in one before I plunk down a deposit. I’m sure a motivated dealer can point you in the right direction. Road trip anyone?? :)
We bought ours from Phil Dill's in the North Texas area. And they know if they have someone seriously looking at buying one just to call and they can use our boat as a demo for them if needed. We have even taken our boat up to them for their boat shows. They were going to have demo day's on one of the local lakes but 15' of extra water put a stop to that this year. But I agree before you buy one it is really nice to be able to get on one and truly check it out.

It had twin Yamaha 400’s and the joystick was added after market. Helmmaster I believe is the Yamaha name. They ended up canting the engines outward so the props couldn’t hit each other. The sales guy said the lower unit on one had a crack and he figures it’s the stress of having the engine off vertical. He also said the control of boat was not very good, again from the engine angles.
I'm not sure what your sales guy was talking about. The handling and control is awesome. And what was figured from the canting of the engines, while they are in the water the lower unit's aren't going to know, it's not like the lower units are going through the water side ways at higher speeds. Yes they loose some steering inboard with the canting but with twins it's made up for by the other. I could see issues with Helm Master and the DEC steering, as it's all electronic, but so far we love ours and have had no issues since we found a loose battery ground terminal.

We have a 2024 30' QSBWA X2 with the Yamaha 300's. Took delivery of it at the end of last September and already have 196 hours on it. Has the Helm Master EX, aka the joystick, and we have only had one issue with the Helm Master system and that looks to have been due to a bad ground terminal on the starboard battery. Performance and handling we love the boat. The extra room is nice and great to have. The ride is something else.

Things that we miss: In floor storage. We went with the twin 83 gallon tanks when it was available so we don't have the in floor storage. The bite on the water with an I/O for water sports in turns. Any turning and it seems to cavitate more than our old I/O did.

With the issues we have ran into, we do love the boat.

The issues we have had were most of build issues and what one would call lack of pride and QA. Welding wire sticking out off the toon's basically at every steam. Bimini support poles literally built upside down. Sharkhide application wasn't done properly and many spots missed. Anodizing missing from one port of one of the panels. Stern gate installed at an angle so wouldn't close properly. Loose battery connection. Wave shield by the side skirting rivited into air and not metal supports. Snaps for stern bimini boot failing and coming out of the material, twist locks seem to be have been a much better design than the current snaps being used.

Design flaws: Transducer location, at 10 MPH the stern is already lifting enough that the transducer is out of the water. We added a piece of channel to lower the transducer and we now have depth readings, depending on depth, at WOT. Goal was to have depth readings at cruise speed. Clearance between the lift up section of the swingback seat and the stern bimini, we have to ensure we raise the stern bimini before opening the swingback rear section or it hits/rubs the stern bimini. The new style head rests or seat backs that sit infront of the helms, we love the dual action to open that compartment but had to switch out the nuts with nylon nuts so the nuts would stop falling off of the screws.

We use the boat almost daily. With the issues we have/had, we still love the boat. We added our Magma grill to the bow, added a four bank battery charger and added a deep cycle battery under the port side helm to run an ICECO cooler/freezer. Obnoxious 20' flag poles where the ski pylons go. One other issue that comes to mind... The size, it's a big boat to wash and clean. The boat is a big heavy boat and the storage compartments seem standard to other models, with an extra bin added at the bow seat of the wide beam boats. We have to seperate our anchor, Fortress fluke style, from the anchor rode and store them in seperate compartments, stern section of the swingback. I'm pretty sure the large box anchor would fit in the compartment that we use for anchor rode storage, but it's just too heavy to handle most of the time.
How fast will it run with the two 300's? Right now I'm leaning to the 27' wide beam QX windshield with rear loungers instead of the swing back. We've had the swingback on the last two boats. It's great, but not sure we'll keep going with that style. Do you think the helmaster was worth the upgrade price? In the builder it's about 25K. We couldn't give up our in floor storage. That's where we keep the anchors and big fenders as we tie up with other boats frequently.

How fast will it run with the two 300's? Right now I'm leaning to the 27' wide beam QX windshield with rear loungers instead of the swing back. We've had the swingback on the last two boats. It's great, but not sure we'll keep going with that style. Do you think the helmaster was worth the upgrade price? In the builder it's about 25K. We couldn't give up our in floor storage. That's where we keep the anchors and big fenders as we tie up with other boats frequently.
On good days just barely under 50 mph. The Helm Master was a big point of my wife wanting this boat. I didn't think I would use it as much as I do but from auto pilot, stay point, and just the joystick I use it every time now. When we did the order we didn't know we were loosing the in floor storage, nothing was noted when choosing the two 83 gallon tanks so we just had to make do.

On good days just barely under 50 mph. The Helm Master was a big point of my wife wanting this boat. I didn't think I would use it as much as I do but from auto pilot, stay point, and just the joystick I use it every time now. When we did the order we didn't know we were loosing the in floor storage, nothing was noted when choosing the two 83 gallon tanks so we just had to make do.
If you're out on a cool day, how well do the windshields work that you feel wind protected? Can you sit up straight or do you have to be hunched up to not freeze? We try to get out in the cooler weather, but that wind with not break will freeze a passenger in our current set up.

If you're out on a cool day, how well do the windshields work that you feel wind protected? Can you sit up straight or do you have to be hunched up to not freeze? We try to get out in the cooler weather, but that wind with not break will freeze a passenger in our current set up.
The current model you can't close the section between the helms and windshields. So it's very little protection from the wind. We boated all winter long here in North Texas this past winter. We basically dressed for the weather and didn't really have an issue.

Back