Anyone install a TV on their Benny?

azray007

Reaction score
So I took the Benny on her maiden voyage this weekend.  Everyone was extremely impressed with the build and layout...and that Yamaha 200 on the back!  While folks were looking it over, the one thing everyone was surprised about was there wasn't a TV stashed away somewhere.  These folks I mention above know me well...I was the guy with the 1999 Sea Ray that the stereo/speakers were worth 2x the price of the boat. :)

It got me thinking, it sure would be nice to have a TV for those preseason Carolina Panther games...just curious if anyone has done such a thing to their Benny and if so, could you please post some pictures.  (I hope a TV on a Benny isn't blasphemy!)  I'm going sometime in the next couple of weeks to have all my LED lighting and audio upgrades done.  I would like to have a decision ideas on the TV before my visit.

Thanks again for the useful information!

Yes, I've seen one on here. I forget the members name. I'd was on an actuator inside a base behind the Captains chair. Pretty slick set up.

I hope they chime in. I would love to see that setup!

I do not have one " installed" but a couple times I have had one onboard running on a small Honda generator and using our portable Dish satellite receiver from our motor home. Works great!

btw: you can pay one month at a time and disconnect service any time with Dish Network.

Steve

I do not have one " installed" but a couple times I have had one onboard running on a small Honda generator and using our portable Dish satellite receiver from our motor home. Works great!

btw: you can pay one month at a time and disconnect service any time with Dish Network.

Steve

Thanks Steve for the helpful hint on Dish Network.  As cheap as LCD/LED smaller tv's have gotten and as little as I would really want it on my boat, I might have an inverter installed and just use a normal TV for those rare times when the Panthers are playing and I'm on the water.  When I'm on the water, I out there for a reason...to get away from TV and other things.  It seemed like a great idea, but I like your setup better.  

Yea, we have only done this a few times to watch sporting events while on a local sandbar/island. Works great, the antenna and receiver may be a little expensive for the occasional use but for me, I already have it in a rv.

Good luck,

Steve

Had our first guests aboard over the weekend and one of the first things said was "where's the TV?". Never mind that we'd have to go the satellite route and probably would have to strain to see the picture with all the glare on the lake, for me there's nothing on worth going to all the trouble. Now, a refrigerator, that's another story... :)

The guests that would ask about the tv are not boaters. They don't understand the concept of going out on the water to get away from tv. They are also the same people that say a boat in nothing but a big hole in the water that you throw money into! And God forbid that you enjoy cleaning the boat while wading around the boat with a cold beer and listening to good music. Boating is Great!

I am a TV person, but never have considered it for when I am on the water.  Of course, if the Hawkeyes or Razorbacks are playing, I will be in front of my TVs.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO, a ski boat, pontoon or runabout are for enjoying the water sports, not to watch TV, a houseboat or Yacht have a TV among other creature comforts like a head and galley as it is your cottage, or second home.

But setting up a projector to the underside of the extended Bimini laying on my aft lounge sounds plausible.  I just keep checking my phone for updates every so often, if it's a close ending, I get off the boat and go in to watch the game.

I have also thought about putting a tv on the boat to watch games.  I'm thinking an inverter would work, but would wonder about the battery drain?  Maybe just buy a laptop with the biggest screen...

My wife mentioned "tuning" in on a TV on the toon and one by the hot tub, but I kind of laughed it off, since I'm like some that want to get away from that when on the water. I've got the inverter on the boat, but the antenna seems like it would be more of a problem than it's worth. 

Back