Anyone running 4 Blade Prop on Mercury 115

Scotty1

Reaction score
Been out with the wife and child and performance has been ok. 32-34mph 5800-6000rpm

Today however we loaded the tritoon down to its max 12 person 1650 pounds, it seamed the prop was slipping consistently didn't matter where people moved on boat.

I could not trim up the motor at all had to stay down. Normally I can trim up to 1/3 before blow out with just the 3 of us..

engine was loaded down 4800 rpm at 23 mph

Specs are 22 ssrx tritoon 115 Mercury CT spinning a Black Max 3 blade 15 dia. by 15 pitch prop.

Been wondering about the Spitfire 4 blade props, I m not as concerned with top end just need a better grip, in turns ect.

Would  a person run the same pitch or drop down to 13 or 14P when switching to 4 blade.

the toons are getting some algae on them boat has been in the water at slip since May 10th.

I'm probably going to pull home this week and wash them down.

I've got a similar setup with a 115 Yamaha 4 stroke.  Mine has the Express center tube and lifting strakes on all the tubes.  I'm running a 13 Pitch Quicksilver Nemesis 4 blade prop.  The Nemesis is the same as the Mercury Spitfire but I got it a little cheaper.  I changed from a 15 pitch 3 blade stainless.  My top speed didn't change, but rpm's went up to 6000 and better take off and mid range along with better overall handling.  I've had 10 people in the boat for a cruise and had 8 people yesterday while pulling a large tube.  Never had the prop blow out.  Now the kids on the tube didn't get a great ride, but it is just a 115 HP motor.  I've been happy with the Nemesis.

Back