Anyone used a sealant on the plywood storage on their Benny.

Dsqrd909

Reaction score
Our 2014 Bennington S20 is showing water damage on the plywood storage locker. I am looking to have the top repaired but want to prevent any further damage. Has anyone ever used any sealant (Like Thompson's) to seal the plywood that it's made of?

Last edited:
ZAR® Water Base Poly Exterior HP is an environmentally safe clear exterior polyurethane finish ideal for wood surfaces exposed to direct sunlight and the harsh extremes of weather.

Would be a lot better than a water sealer. Not cheap but 1 and done.

Our Bennington S20 is showing water damage on the plywood storage locker. I am looking to have the top repaired but want to prevent any further damage. Has anyone ever used any sealant (Like Thompson's) to seal the plywood that it's made of?
What year is it. If plywood’s delaminating, depending on year, it may be covered under warranty.

It was mentioned, 2014 in a previous post .

It was mentioned, 2014 in a previous post .
Yeah, he edited post in this thread after I asked. I don’t usually go looking in other threads. Too lazy for that …. LOL!!!!

Yeah, he edited post in this thread after I asked. I don’t usually go looking in other threads. Too lazy for that …. LOL!!!!
I should have put that in the original post. I bought the boat from a dealer (before I joined this forum :eek:) who is not a Bennington dealer so the warranty did not transfer.

If there is a Bennington dealer in your area, you could ask if the warranty can still be transferred.

Back