Aqua Teak what is it

halveb

Reaction score
I saw my boat uncovered for the first time last weekend when I stopped by the dealer and I noticed the floor in back looked like weathered teak (gray).  When I built a boat I specified New Aqua Teak Nutmeg Aft but this didn't go to the dealer but I described Teak Floor.  In my catalog the description of what I wanted was Fuax Teak and there was no mention of Aqua Teak.

I hand wrote on the order White Accent because in the catalog there were two different Faux Teaks one with ivory and one with black.

I haven't talked to the dealer yet but plan to but I want to know did I screw up here?  There is no picture of Aqua Teak in my catalog nor is there a picture on-line.  Is the Aqua Teak Nutmeg the gray product and I got what I ordered?  Help me out I'm confused.

Thanks,

Bob

Hi Bob

Its my understanding that the Aqua Teak is in fact the grayish color. When I ordered my boat I was at the dealer where he showed my the different flooring options on boats. If I had not done that I was about to order the Aqua Teak as well. When I look at my final build sheet it says Aqua Teak Full BLK 25 FT BR part number 904516. Look at my pics and you can see what it looks like. Hope this helps.

rnusr01 

Musr01, Sorry I'm still confused but if the pics you refer to are listed as new ride that is what I was trying to get (except I wanted ivory accent) but yours looks gorgeous. I couldn't find the part number you referenced (904516) but the description matches what my invoice had except mine was aft only.

Found some information in another forum about the nutmeg being gray. Looks like I am screwed because this is what was on my order. I hope that tri-toon means there are three pontoons, seems like a very strange naming convention since nutmeg is usually brown in color. Maybe weathered teak would have been a better description. I am beginning to see the logic in the thread complaining about the build feature and catalog since nutmeg is not shown in the catalog and the name isn't at all descriptive.

Last edited by a moderator:
So when I ordered my boat I was confused as well. After the dealer showed me all the flooring available I physically pointed to him what I wanted and he said he knows what I want. Based on the names they use I would have ordered what would have been the grayish looking floor as well thinking I was getting the brown flooring. The part number I gave you is not in the brochures or available when designing the boat online, at least I never saw it. When you are ordering a boat and spending that kind of money I would contact the dealer right away and see what if anything can be done. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

They seem to have 3 teak flooring options.

Black accent

Ivory accent

Nutmeg, which has the washed out look

At the dealer I as able to get the full coverage of black accent and it was not an option on the build website.

However, it showed up as an option on the dealer's build page... not sure why.

Yes I was concerned when I saw my order and hand wrote Ivory Accent in pen on the order when I signed it.  Primarily because I was concerned that I would get the black accent instead of the ivory.  I never dreamed that nutmeg would be a gray color.  Unfortunately I don't live real close to my dealer and I prepare taxes as a side job so I didn't have much time when I visited the dealer and the salesman was actually at a boat show and worked up the offer and emailed it in.

I'm probably stuck with it but I have yet to see it without the cover on it so I am going to withhold judgement.  Unfortunately I orderd Palm Sand as a carpet because I thought it would work well with the teak floor and it probably will look terrible with the gray washed out flooring.

If it is only on the swim platform you might workout a swap of the platform.  I would think that Bennington and the dealer would want you happy.

Ugh, hopefully they take care of things. They definitely have some work to do on catalog, build site, etc. A number of confusing things and limited pictures of features they offer.

Talked with the dealer this weekend and explained the situation, they were going to call Bennington today to see if there are any options. They really need to clean this up. On the website they have teak white accent and teak black accent and the price is $3,111. I assumed that was real teak since the price was for aft. :-0

In the catalog they show pictures of faux teak white and black accent. I assumed these were teak like vinyl which is what I wanted but the dealer said these were the $3,111 teak option shown on the website too much for my pocket book. I assumed that the Aquateak nutmeg was a new version of vinyl or faux teak but it isn't.

This experience was really just a calamity of errors and it is unfortunate that there could be this much confusion over something relatively simple. Thanks for the help in straightenening this mess out at least now I undertand what happened and why.

For reference on my order, I have the full aqua teak blk 22ft S/G/R item No 904471

If they coat the whole thing in nutmeg, we are going to have big issues.

I just canceled a 2 month old Cypress Cay order because they could not get the flooring correct.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI when I placed my order last year I ordered 904420. I did not ask the name, I looked at the swatches and pointed to the one I wanted. Full floor, photos in my gallery.

For reference on my order, I have the full aqua teak blk 22ft S/G/R item No 904471

If they coat the whole thing in nutmeg, we are going to have big issues.

I just canceled a 2 month old Cypress Cay order because they could not get the flooring correct.
You may be fine but it wouldn't hurt to check if it hasn't been built yet. There is a vesion of Aquateak that is brown and that is hopefully what you got if that is what you want.

Any update on this? Curious what happened.

Back