Arches on a G

Karenlowedirect

Reaction score
We have decided on a G model but need input on whether to get an arch or a curved Bimini. We do want a certain amount of shade. Thx!

I have an Arch .The Bimini is easy to open .We have only opened once .

Only draw back the weight . It weight about as much as 2 addition people 

We looked at two pontoons with the same layout. My wife and I really liked the look the arch gives the boat. Lots of complements. I always leave it open. The one thing I will mention is it is tall and not easily folded down when trailing. So I just leave it up all the time and make sure my route to the boat launches can accommodate the height. Ten foot of shade seems enough to keep those covered who want to stay out of the sun. I second the weight comment. Should max out hp on this boat. I have twin ellipticals sport package and a 200 hp Yamaha. Tubing, skiing and wakeboard are not a issue pulling. It handles extremely well doing water sports. ESP package is the tops if all you would do is water sports. But it takes more hp to do the speed I can reach per performance bulletins. I love being able to get from point a to b and spending more time hangin on the water. Also now can get to cover or off the lake fast if a storm comes in. Either way both are awesome boats and a matter of personal preference. Enjoy....

I have no obstacles .

If I" had to" there are 2 screws you can remove and pivot the arch .

When delivered ,it comes un assembled 

There is the Alanson Swing Bridge .

I may go through a few times a year .

Last edited by a moderator:
Back