arkansas

Lake Hamilton 

Bull Shoals.  We can be found from mile one at the dam to mile 22 at Peel.

Used to boat quite a bit at Hamilton, Greeson, Ouachita, and De Gray back in the early years, though!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, we're mountain Harbor people.

Nice boat, Woodhog!  I have friends up around Mt. Ida, and my wife has a very close friend down at Navarre Beach.  Small world.

Bull Shoals is our lake now.

Hey, we're mountain Harbor people.

We're heading to Mountain Harbor Resort and Spa, this month. Going to be celebrating our 16th anniversary and wanted to spend it on Lake Ouachita. We've driven by it before, but never had a boat to put on it until now. Looking forward to that trip. What's some good spots to explore from the water?

I thought that was Link's boat.

While in Arkansas, last year, we also skipped over and launched the boat at Lake Hamilton, ate at the seafood place on the water, and cruised the lake for several hours. Loved it.

That was it; Fisherman's Warf! Great place to relax and stare at your boat that's tied to the dock. There's just something that makes the food tastes better when you're able to pull up to the restaurant in your boat.

October is a great time. The lake really calms down after Labor Day. The water will still be warm enough to get in and cool off if its hot. We have some warm days in Oct sometimes. A Must to do is a ride to the Cold Water Dam where Lake Quachita feeds into Lake Hamilton. Its a beautiful ride and when you get there you have to jump in one time. Water is 52 degrees most of the time and you can say "I jumped in at Cold Water Dam". Other than that just ride and look at all the beautiful homes on the lake and enjoy places like Bubba Brews, Fisherman's Wharf, Sam's Pizza, Gillagan's, or The English Muffin for breakfast. All are on the water with docs you can pull up to and enjoy dinner and a great view. You will enjoy.

October is a great time. The lake really calms down after Labor Day. The water will still be warm enough to get in and cool off if its hot. We have some warm days in Oct sometimes. A Must to do is a ride to the Cold Water Dam where Lake Quachita feeds into Lake Hamilton. Its a beautiful ride and when you get there you have to jump in one time. Water is 52 degrees most of the time and you can say "I jumped in at Cold Water Dam". Other than that just ride and look at all the beautiful homes on the lake and enjoy places like Bubba Brews, Fisherman's Wharf, Sam's Pizza, Gillagan's, or The English Muffin for breakfast. All are on the water with docs you can pull up to and enjoy dinner and a great view. You will enjoy.

Thanks, just make my planning easier......

Beautiful looking boat Woodhog. Northerner here, so not familiar with the area. Just had to comment on your lovely looking Bennington. Enjoy the fall boating all of you get to enjoy down south.

We are going to spend the weekend of Nov 3-4 at Lake Ouachita. We usually stay at the state park on the east end with our Airstream, but this time we are taking the Bennington and renting a cabin on the West End. We are thinking of spending one day on Lake Ouachita, and the other day on Lake Hamilton.
  1. Do you think the water level on Lake Hamilton will be a problem? I have read that they drop it for the winter.
  2. What's a good place to launch on Lake Hamilton?
Thanks for the restaurant recommendations! Hopefully the weather will be OK. The last 2 times we've done this it's been fabulous (cool but beautiful)

Back