Back up cameras mounted on the pontoon boat

Mark649

Reaction score
Has anyone ever permanent mounted a back up camera on their bennington. If  so what make

A few guys have go-pro's wired in.....but usually on the bow for docking

I did read on the blog where someone put a camera on their anchor light in place of buying a mirror. He said it worked pretty well and he could the watch kids tube.

Below is a copy of a post I made it July. This talks about what we use. It was originally just to video the grandkids tubing but works very well for a rearview camera system.

I have started using a camera mounted on the Bimi stern light. I bought an extra SJ4000 (gopro clone)off ebay for $65.00 and ran a 12v jack to constantly power without changing the batteries. I originaly put in on to record the grandkids tubing but found the 170 degree view to be more efficient than my mirror. I have it connected by wifi to the tablet or phone and use the screen as the mirror. The larger tablet works best. I did learn the hard way to not mount my flag on the same pole. I got a lot of vibration from the flag waving in the wind on the video. I mounted a flag pole and move the flag. Have to have old glory on the boat somewhere. I will get a picture of the camera setup this weeked when I am at the lake and post.

How do you mount the iPad on your console

I purchased a holder that mounts in the cup holder at Walmart for less than $20. They are available on line cheaper. It adjust to fit the cup holder and than can be adjusted in many ways for visibility of the table or phone. It fits my Samasund galaxy S4 phone and my Ipad air (the larger one). I like it because there are no permanent mounting holes and it can be removed when not in use. The photo below shows the one I have. Sorry I did not have a photo with the tablet in it. I will get one this week when I am at the boat and post it. I use the tablet for navigation (with Navionics), music and the camera system so the holder works great for me.

gallery_6412_859_32446.jpg

Back