base vs seagrass vs bamboo flooring

Just got our new 2022 L23 and has upgraded flooring but don’t remember what it’s called. Dealer had it ordered for someone else that wasn’t able to take it. Like the look and feel of it so far.
That color combo, inside and out, is just sick good lookin !!!

I agree, I really liked the look of the bamboo too but it does look very similar to the base for less.
I got the Bamboo. Love the looks, feel and best of all cooler on my feet in the hot sun. Been on friends new bennington pontoons and they complain about floor burning there feet. Bamboo cooler and wont be hot on the feet!!

I got the Bamboo. Love the looks, feel and best of all cooler on my feet in the hot sun. Been on friends new bennington pontoons and they complain about floor burning there feet. Bamboo cooler and wont be hot on the feet!!
Not sure how the base looks or cost. But I know the bamboo looks great and if I paid a little more so my feet don't burn on hot days, money well spent. On hot days, don't want to be reminded every time it's hot out that I saved a few bucks!!

My seagrass gets hot but not any hotter than carpet on my old R.

I had carpet on my 1st 2 ,bamboo on my 2020. Ordered sea grass on my 2022. It felt like there was more cushion than the bamboo . But they all got hot

My 2021 22SSX came with Seagrass silver. The crib was always covered but the cover did not extend over the front porch. After one year the crib flooring looks great but the porch faded to a brown. Will be replaced under warranty but will take 4-6 weeks as the boat has to be sent to N/S Carolina.
I am being offered (refer to pic). Seagrass has been discontinued.
Any thoughts?
JB

Attachments

• 067DE899-2BEE-4EB3-99DE-662F895C48CD.png
    067DE899-2BEE-4EB3-99DE-662F895C48CD.png
    610.7 KB · Views: 47
  • 498E234B-515C-402D-9B85-2EF274D3FF37.jpeg
    498E234B-515C-402D-9B85-2EF274D3FF37.jpeg
    233.9 KB · Views: 49
I just checked the build site , it is still showing sea grass as available.

Personally, I love the look of Teak. And, btw, that should answer a lot of questions for people about whether to cover or not, but I do find that picture "dramatic". What the heck ?

Bennington stopped providing full covers a few years ago

My 2021 22SSX came with Seagrass silver. The crib was always covered but the cover did not extend over the front porch. After one year the crib flooring looks great but the porch faded to a brown. Will be replaced under warranty but will take 4-6 weeks as the boat has to be sent to N/S Carolina.
Any thoughts?
JB
I believe the floor cover options you shown are old, I understand the teak is no longer offered and as noted, the seagrass is still on the build site. I wonder if the color change came from the wood deck - I could see that being a big variable the last couple of years - and possible this batched leached into the flooring? Too many people with seagrass and have not seen this before.

Any thoughts?
JB

Weird that the seagrass isn't available for you to choose since that is a build option (unless there is a supply constraint)...did they mention that Marideck was also disco'd? because Benny got rid of that a few years ago, iirc.

You may want to push them to get a like for like seagrass exchange. If they still won't do it, then that leaves bamboo and teak...teak being their most expensive option on the build site. To my eyes, even the teak slate looks a bit too brownish-beige, so you may want to take a close look at the sample book at your nearest Benny dealer, if you are in proximity to one.

We have the bamboo flooring and really like it. Soft, durable and easy to clean.

Back