base vs seagrass vs bamboo flooring

peeruwp

Reaction score
I have seen a thread on flooring between vinyl and carpet but I am looking to see if there is a difference between the vinyl options other than appearance. I am curious if the upgraded style and cost is simply a cosmetic feature or function?

Any feedback form those who have the new base vinyl flooring? Previous threads looks like many upgraded to seagrass.

Thanks!

Very good question. I opted for the base flooring and am a bit nervous that I didn’t go for the upgrade. I didn’t think the look of it was very important/better. Look forward to hearing opinions.

We have the Seagrass flooring on ours. I like that it still cleans up easily like other vinyl flooring. We have three main reasons we like it better than normal smooth vinyl flooring: (1) Purely personal, but we like the look of it better, (2) we like the texture of it better on our feet, and (3) most importantly for us, the texture of it provides better traction when our feet are wet compared to our experiences on smooth vinyl flooring that we experienced on past boats we had rented in the past.

I had the same dilemma and thoughts when I was picking mine. We had our heart set on the bamboo flooring but after seeing it side-by-side with the regular vinyl we went with the standard vinyl.

B1C50CD2-B68E-4692-888C-8F658EB0CE83.jpeg
This is the bamboo. Looks really nice but were looking at this and the vinyl side by side and they look a lot alike. It is definitely a softer, smoother texture than the seagrass.

5F405455-F749-4874-A350-BB86C55E089D.jpeg
this is the standard vinyl. For $1000 difference we went with the standard. Still look sharp and feels good.

449B909B-C284-41B5-9E0C-C00FB2C5D0AC.jpeg
This is the seagrass. I do like the pattern but it is definitely a rougher finish so it gives you more grip.

As I have not been on the water with the various surfaces I can’t attest to the vinyl or bamboo being slippery at all but in terms of looks they are pretty similar. Seagrass is sharp but rougher to the touch. Just depends what you were looking for. Don’t think you can go wrong with any of these.

I had the same dilemma and thoughts when I was picking mine. We had our heart set on the bamboo flooring but after seeing it side-by-side with the regular vinyl we went with the standard vinyl.

View attachment 28432
This is the bamboo. Looks really nice but were looking at this and the vinyl side by side and they look a lot alike. It is definitely a softer, smoother texture than the seagrass.

View attachment 28433
this is the standard vinyl. For $1000 difference we went with the standard. Still look sharp and feels good.

View attachment 28434
This is the seagrass. I do like the pattern but it is definitely a rougher finish so it gives you more grip.

As I have not been on the water with the various surfaces I can’t attest to the vinyl or bamboo being slippery at all but in terms of looks they are pretty similar. Seagrass is sharp but rougher to the touch. Just depends what you were looking for. Don’t think you can go wrong with any of these.
I agree, I really liked the look of the bamboo too but it does look very similar to the base for less.

Base is amazing, spend your money elsewhere.

We have the seagrass flooring and after two seasons we are very happy with it. We looked at upgrading but decided to spend the money elsewhere on our build.

We opted for the base vinyl flooring as I knew my flooring would get some abuse, and it seemed it had less edges and details to fray over time with coolers and boards, etc sliding around the floor. We find the flooring very soft and not slippery at all, we do note our feet are a bit tender at the end of the day. It does get hot, but nothing a cup of lake water will not cure.

Last edited:
My last 2020 Benny had base floors, New Benny has upgraded, I think new one has more padding.

We have the woven vinyl platinum flooring and love it, I am not sure if that is the normal base flooring or not. This came standard with our L series. I have never had any of the upgrades so all I can compare it to is carpet, etc.

"We" okay "I" spilled a glass of red wine the other night. Dumped a bucket or two of water on it, came right off. No stain at all.
I find it very comfortable on my feet, but again I have never felt the upgrades.

We have sea grass going on 7 years and it’s been nothing but easy clean up and durable. Can get hot in the sun, but anything else similar will do the same. Also seems to have more of a padding than standard vinyl. Just my 2 cents!

We have to pick out a new floor for our boat. I love our current one but it is no longer offered. Anyone use their boat for fishing and beach days. I don’t want a hook to snag or sand to get in there etc.

We have to pick out a new floor for our boat. I love our current one but it is no longer offered. Anyone use their boat for fishing and beach days. I don’t want a hook to snag or sand to get in there etc.
Are you ordering a new boat Andy or replacing the floor

Warranty replacement.

I have a 2021 SV20 Monaco Blue. Does anyone know what the vinyl flooring is? I have a stain from synthetic oil that will not come out. I'm not looking to replace the entire floor just the stained portion.

I have a 2021 SV20 Monaco Blue. Does anyone know what the vinyl flooring is? I have a stain from synthetic oil that will not come out. I'm not looking to replace the entire floor just the stained portion.

Try WD-40 electrical contact cleaner. It took out a nasty VP octane boost stain I had when I was experimenting trying to get that extra 1MPH never happened lol..

Try WD-40 electrical contact cleaner. It took out a nasty VP octane boost stain I had when I was experimenting trying to get that extra 1MPH never happened lol..
I tried WD-40 didn't touch it. The oil was clear and I didn't see it for a couple days. Left a brownish streak about 6' long. I tried everything right up to and including acetone. That got it and all the color too....

Just got our new 2022 L23 and has upgraded flooring but don’t remember what it’s called. Dealer had it ordered for someone else that wasn’t able to take it. Like the look and feel of it so far.

Attachments

• 197D0CE2-847F-427A-8A98-308C1E5DE4E9.jpeg
    197D0CE2-847F-427A-8A98-308C1E5DE4E9.jpeg
    223.2 KB · Views: 94
  • C3D8EA57-5065-4340-8BFE-66D000D0EF3B.jpeg
    C3D8EA57-5065-4340-8BFE-66D000D0EF3B.jpeg
    121.6 KB · Views: 92
Just got our new 2022 L23 and has upgraded flooring but don’t remember what it’s called. Dealer had it ordered for someone else that wasn’t able to take it. Like the look and feel of it so far.

"Vinyl Teak Silver"...that's some darn good looking flooring!

Back