Be sure to secure your load...

I never travel in the fast lane when towing our Benny on the highway and make sure everything's secure. I'll usually keep it at 65. Thoughts gentlemen?!? 

This isn't an "unsecured incident" , but rather a story about how stupid and dangerous some people are. Friend of mine was driving on the highway doing 100km/h when an oncoming car threw a 2L bottle out their window at her vehicle!!!  Windshield smashed and she got glass in her eyes! Luckily she has regained most of her vision. Absolutely stupid 

BK,

I agree, I always stay in the right lane unless passing. And when pulling a trailer I tend to take it easy and slow down. I once was pulling a 16' aluminum boat and had the tread totally peel off but didn't blow! Other drivers were kind enough to make me aware and I safely pull dover and changed it. 

I never travel in the fast lane when towing our Benny on the highway and make sure everything's secure. I'll usually keep it at 65. Thoughts gentlemen?!? 

Yeah, pretty much same here.  When we drive down to the Keys, Alligator Alley is 70 mph and 2 lanes each direction.  I'll keep it at 70 mph and stay in the right lane.  Once we get over to Miami area, it's 3 & 4 lanes with a lot of on/off ramps.  Since I'm going straight through, I'll stay in the 2nd or 3rd lane (never the passing lane).  With all the merging taking place going through Miami, it's just safest and easiest on everybody if I stay out of that RH lane.

About every 2 hours I pull over and check hub temps, tires, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
This isn't an "unsecured incident" , but rather a story about how stupid and dangerous some people are. Friend of mine was driving on the highway doing 100km/h when an oncoming car threw a 2L bottle out their window at her vehicle!!!  Windshield smashed and she got glass in her eyes! Luckily she has regained most of her vision. Absolutely stupid 

Kilometers/h?!? What the.........? Ha!

About 62mph?!? 

Back