Beaver lake?

kaydano

Reaction score
Anyone boat on Beaver Lake? We'll be going down for a family vacation this summer, and it may be a possible retirement location, although I've never been there. Any advice appreciated!

Big lake! Nice! How is the real estate there???

Looks like a beautiful place! Also, where in the hell have you been?

VP promotion 6 months ago. It took a big bite out of boating time.

Congrats on the new role! Can we spec you out a new Q to keep on beaver lake too?

Thanks guys. Condolences might be a better word than congratulations! Salary went up but hourly rate went down. Starting to have fun though.

Beaver lake in Arkansas.

I couldn't sell my S. Been through too much with her. Probably should give it a name.

Congratulations on the promotion. Very cool. Sorry it is cut into boating. Hope that improves this upcoming summer.

Last edited:
Congrats on the promotion! Hopefully you’ll adjust in time, and find more boating time.

I’m having the extra hours issue here with my new job. Family time > money so I’m keeping my eyes peeled for opportunities with better work life balance.

I’m having the extra hours issue here with my new job. Family time > money so I’m keeping my eyes peeled for opportunities with better work life balance.
Darn! Hate to hear that. MR will be retiring in a few years... ;)

I haven't been to Beaver in years, but used to go all the time. I like it, beautiful scenery, clear water and not as crowded as other lakes in the area. We keep our boat at LOTO, but if I wanted to take a trip and haul it to another lake it would be Beaver.

Thanks Baja. We've been to LOTO. Rented a Benny there. Big water. Wakes were HUGE at times. I was worried I was going to damage it, and this was a Sunday morning. Is Beaver Lake like LOTO in that regard? Lots of huge boats?

No Beaver is nothing like LOTO. It has some bigger boats but mostly boats 18’ to 27’. More fishing and water sports, not the number of big high dollar boats, houses and not all the restaurants and huge marinas. The water is cleaner, people even scuba dive. I’d say it’s a more peaceful and quieter lake.
All that being said, it’s been awhile since I’ve been there.

Baja 252, your assessment still holds, one of the best kept secrets in the South even with the explosive growth in NW Arkansas......don’t tell anyone....

Yup. Nothing like LOTO, Baja. We were down there a few weeks ago. Huge lake (500 miles of shoreline or something like that). Peaceful compared to LOTO. We saw some really cool waterfalls The water was amazingly clear. I would prefer a few more restaurants and bars. My wife loved it and thought it was perfect. We rented a pontoon from Lost Bridge and did a 4 hour cruise. We did some tubing to keep my 16-year-old happy.

Back