Bennington electric series 168 SL

Dhawkins

Reaction score
I have a Bennington Electric Series 168 SL that I got with the purchase of lake property. The radio, lights, and Garmin depth finder have never powered up. I installed a new battery, but still cannot get them to work. Any help on what to look at would be appreciated. The motor is a Torqeedo Cruise 4.0 with 4 batteries, and one separate battery for the stereo and accessories.

It does have power supply switch. When turned on I can power up the 4 batteries for the motor.

Attachments

• IMG_7249.jpeg
    IMG_7249.jpeg
    142.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_7250.jpeg
    IMG_7250.jpeg
    193.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_7247.jpeg
    IMG_7247.jpeg
    181.8 KB · Views: 18
Have you checked with a Bennington dealer?
I could be mistaken but I think you are the 1st member on the forum with an electric.

Warranty issue??

Have you looked for a master power switch on the dash? There has to be some way to turn off the battery that power all the boats accessories

I know it may sound dumb, but…

1. Did you flip all the switches on the helm, 1 of them should power the accessories.
2. Check the breaker switches (black ones below the switches)
3. Check to make sure wring did not get pulled from back of switch (follow radio harness/fish finder wiring).

I have a Bennington Electric Series 168 SL that I got with the purchase of lake property. The radio, lights, and Garmin depth finder have never powered up. I installed a new battery, but still cannot get them to work. Any help on what to look at would be appreciated. The motor is a Torqeedo Cruise 4.0 with 4 batteries, and one separate battery for the stereo and accessories.

It does have power supply switch. When turned on I can power up the 4 batteries for the motor.
I have a similar electric in Az with an e-drive motor and had the same problem after replacing the batteries I called a local boat repair shop and they found a tripped fuse in the wiring that was covered with black tape. It was an easy fix and was done in about 30 minutes. Hope this helps. We have had our Bennington since 2019 and love it

Jay

Back