Bennington for the Allegheny River

patcraver

Reaction score
Hello all! My wife and I are looking into purchasing a Bennington SSLX 22 with the SPS package and 150 hp Yamaha. We will usually be boating on the Allegheny with 4-6 people aboard. I didn't see any topics from anyone boating the Allegheny and was wondering if this would be a good setup. We will be mostly cruising and tubing occasionally. I also haven't seen anyone list the price they paid for boats but I could be just over looking this but a got 1 quote so far but wasn't too sure whether the price they gave me was good or bad. If we are allowed to list prices on this forum can someone with this setup tell me what they paid for theirs. Thank you all and we look forward to joining the Bennington community.

Welcome to the forum Pat. Noone posts what they paid here but the usual discount off MSRP is 10-15 percent . Sounds like a very nice boat you're looking at and it will do what you want it to.

And look around, you can find some good deals on 2013's on dealer lots right now. Also, look at price between 22' and 24'. Used to be real. Close in price and if budget and space allow it, go 24'. You can never go wrong with too much space, or too much power !!!

I agree with Carl what you are looking at, should do what you want. Semper is also correct this should be a great time to wheel and deal on left over models. Don't hesitate to move up if the price is right.

David

Hey patcraver,

Good luck on your search. We have a 22SLX with SPS and 150hp Yamaha on order. Look for the discount that most others get and as others said look at 2013's. We got about 20% off and there were a couple good deals on 2013's. They were not what we wanted though so ordered one.

Later,

Marc

My 2350 RSR is on order now. Got it at 14% off the build price. Good Luck!

Awesome! Congrats on the new Boat, sound like a beautiful boat! Can't wait for pics!

Thank you all for the welcome! I was able to find a new 2013 22 SLX just over 35% under MSRP. We are going to take a look next weekend. It has every option we want (SPS, full seagrass deck with extended seagrass aft deck, ski tow, pillow top seating, g series captains chair, 150 Yahama, GPS speedo and even in black two tone as we wanted). The only thing we wanted was the SSLX with lounge in the back but we looked at the SLX at the Pittsburgh boat show and agreed that the slightly longer couch up front would make more sense since we will mostly be cruising and everyone can be towards the front. Does anyone think we can talk them down more on the discounted price they have listed? Is there any additional ad ons we can ask for? Thank you all again.

Sounds like it is already pretty discounted. Plus spring will be here soon and I'm sure someone else has been eying up that boat as well.

I agree with lakeliving and jump on that boat. The price seems great and it is most of what you want. Good luck and send pics!!

Marc

Throw a lower number at them .... The worst they can do is say no. It never hurts to try, but at 35% off! it's a heck of a deal. You MIGHT try to get some stuff thrown in vs. asking for more discount. I'd ask for 6 bumpers, and a six pack of the USCG approved orange vests OR maybe an electric anchor........ Just a thought. No labor items are cheaper for him to give up vs labor installed items like the anchor.

Sometimes a dealer is more willing to throw in some stuff vs losing more cash on the boat itself.

But whatever you do, if it meets your need, DO IT NOW ...... Like Andy said, springs coming, and that is gonna move.

Last edited by a moderator:
What you are comfortable with is what counts .They do hold their value 

My dealer in Michigan just sold one to a Florida resident . He was $6000.00 less than the Florida dealer ,it is costing him $2000.00 to transport it ,he is still up 4 grand .

Back