Bennington owners cribs

Cabin Big Block?  That's nicer than my house :p

It seems in our part of the country everyone calls their place up north "the cabin"

Sounds like I need to move there!

Due to recently received information it appears the pay scales are better in Minnesota! I'd still take year round boating over some extra money though.

It seems in our part of the country everyone calls their place up north "the cabin"
Well then I guess all us Canadians live in cabins!! :) better than how some figure we live in igloos! It's ridiculous how many dogs I have to hook up to the Benny to get her to open water!! Haha I'm not sure what business you are in Big Block, I am however VERY sure I'm in the wrong one!! Hehe Beautiful place!! I tip my hat to you fine sir.

You guys got some awesome shacks. I had to prioritize my needs so I painted my old house and bought a new Benny.

Thanks guys for the nice compliments, we really enjoy our time up there.

Derrick, looked at the map and you are way up there. I bet that's beautiful country. When does the ice normally go out? Love your boat and trailer set-up. After reading some of your posts and looking at your pictures, I decided to order basically the same trailer as yours for my new one. Nice quality trailer and the boat fits on it great.

Looking forward to spring along with open water.

Thanks guys for the nice compliments, we really enjoy our time up there.

Derrick, looked at the map and you are way up there. I bet that's beautiful country. When does the ice normally go out? Love your boat and trailer set-up. After reading some of your posts and looking at your pictures, I decided to order basically the same trailer as yours for my new one. Nice quality trailer and the boat fits on it great.

Looking forward to spring along with open water.
Just think, I used to live 700+ km's North of where I am now!! Haha grew up in Thompson Manitoba. I actually have no idea when the ice clears, maybe late May or so. Last year we had the huge ice issue around May 10th,  completely trashed numerous houses. Winds picked up and blew the ice right into people's homes, knocking them off foundations and making ice hills that were taller than most homes. There have been quite a few times in past years that we have gotten snow on May long weekend. Yes they do make a solid, good looking trailer, which will be completely over shadowed by that great boat you have!! Can't wait to see a bunch of pics! 

Snapped a quick pic in front of the house.  Barely fits in the drive.

unnamed.jpg

unnamed-2.jpg

unnamed-1.jpg

Did you get to go WOT?

Did you get to go WOT?
After I put just over an hour on it, I briefly hit WOT but not for long.  I don't have GPS but it I trimmed it a little and it sure seemed like it was hitting about 40 or so.

After I put just over an hour on it, I briefly hit WOT but not for long.  I don't have GPS but it I trimmed it a little and it sure seemed like it was hitting about 40 or so.
If you have a portable GPS ,that  will also work .Some companys  also sell lake chips or downloads

Last edited by a moderator:
How many neighbors came out of the woodwork and asked to go for a ride????

Just curious if you are following the proper break-in procedure.  My Mercury Fourstroke called for periods of WOT during break-in.  But, without digging up the manual, I don't remember if it called for that during the first hour of operation or if it was after the first hour...

Last year mine said to take it easy first 10 hrs  ,nothing constant and no WOT. That was for a Merc 90 

The guys at Nichols Marine said after the first hour I could do a brief wot.  I did do a lot of varying the throttle though so far.  Never hammered it or stayed at one speed too long. So far so good.  It sure is a smooth running engine.

If you have a smartphone a lot of the 'map' apps have gps and will show your speed on them somewhere. I'd post a pic of my "crib" but pretty sure it isn't big enough to be a guest house to some of you guys!! Haha jk first house we ever bought and paid more for the Benny than the house! Something is wrong with that scenario! Although I guess now it has appreciated to more than double what we paid,after we did some renovations and we got it for a steal.

Here are a couple ,if you can find it under the snow .

Last edited by a moderator:
Back