Bennington prices?

I'm sorry but 25% to 30% off was great when an S class was in the 40s, a G class in the 50s and an R class was high 60s or low 70s. It hasn't been that long ago, folks. It's not only Bennington that is on the greed train, they all are. I guess you can't fault them, it's human nature but it's getting way out of hand. I've seen S class boats DISCOUNTED to $55K and the R I'm looking at is Discounted to $88K. It takes nothing to get an R class up in the 120s anymore and what changed? Simtex? A few more horsepower? Aluminum is still the same price. Wood hasn't really gone up, neither has vinyl. I don't believe the employees are making more, only the corporation. What good is 30% off of $128,000 on a boat whos' MSRP should really only be $95,000 in the first place.

We're the frogs in that pot of cold water set to boil story, folks. It's going to be much nastier when it comes to a screeching halt and people start defaulting on those 22 year boat ones only one year in.
I couldn't agree more.

They've got the MSRP so jacked up now that they can play every financing / trade in, extended warranty game in the playbook and still clean your clock!

Who will be too big to fail this time??

Boat prices these days are what is keeping me from buying another. Even though I can afford it I can’t justify the increase. I’ll wait and see if things correct.

Yeah sucks, but I’ve finally come to the conclusion prices are not coming down again no matter what. Inflation is here and devalued currency is gonna drive it higher
The key words are "not coming down". It ain't happening.

I don’t think many prices will come down much on many items in the near or far future. I think this bubble of higher demand and lower supply of various goods due to the pandemic is going to last awhile. Some aspects of it were already in motion due to pre-covid domestic and international supply issues anyway. By the time our current causal factors subside I think we will be looking at a newer tier of higher costs across the board on many/most things.

Also, I hope to be very wrong about this view.

Boat prices these days are what is keeping me from buying another. Even though I can afford it I can’t justify the increase. I’ll wait and see if things correct.
IMO - pent up demand will take us through 2022, 2023 will be flat, 2024 people will finally start unloading the stuff sitting in garages or storage. In Havasu storage used to be $250 per month for a 40 foot unit or you could buy one for about $60K. Now they are $400 per month or cost $140K. Just not sustainable, much like the housing market with it's up and down cycles.

Speaking of higher prices. We have a 2008 Ford Expedition. Just turned 80000 miles. Still in super shape. Tow the boat w/ it and go on long trips. (Also have my wife's Cadillac for long trips) Went into the local Ford dealership to check out the new ones......Saw a couple that I liked with the MSRP about $65000. One was over$70000. Also went to the Cadillac dealership and checked out the Escalades. Saw a couple with the MSRP about $75-77000 with a few over $80000. I think I'll hold on to our Expedition a bit longer......

Speaking of higher prices. We have a 2008 Ford Expedition. Just turned 80000 miles. Still in super shape. Tow the boat w/ it and go on long trips. (Also have my wife's Cadillac for long trips) Went into the local Ford dealership to check out the new ones......Saw a couple that I liked with the MSRP about $65000. One was over$70000. Also went to the Cadillac dealership and checked out the Escalades. Saw a couple with the MSRP about $75-77000 with a few over $80000. I think I'll hold on to our Expedition a bit longer......
Never thought we would see the day cars and trucks cost what houses used to. We bought an RX450 hybrid Lexus last fall. 66,000 out the door. Thought that was crazy, but been shopping for a RAM or Ford diesel truck for a few weeks now. Going to cost 70k-80k. Just so amazing where prices have gone. And on a 2500 or 250, they won't budge off prices, because if you don't buy it, someone else will tomorrow. Had more than 1 swiped right out from under us already. For the record, I have a 2004 Tundra TRD 4.7 with 250,000 miles and have never had a single problem with it, but the tow package is limited to about 6000 lbs. People beg me to sell it to them, but haven't yet. Love the truck. Toyotas entire truck line is being redesigned and introduced this fall.

Never thought we would see the day cars and trucks cost what houses used to.
Considering how I paid $10K for my first house back in 1980, I've long blown past that point! ;-)

Considering how I paid $10K for my first house back in 1980, I've long blown past that point! ;-)
Our 1st house back In 1984 was $69500. I remember my wife wanting the model home but it was a whopping $10000 more! Starting out as a young couple fresh out of college it was out of reach! Ha!

Just received a quote for a 22 LSR tri-toon with 150, with nice options. $62k + tax. Yikes. I was guessing low $50's + tax, but was way off.

Just a sign of these crazy times. Luxury items have gotten to crazy highs, boats, sports cars, watches, real estate etc. I was looking at a ore owned Bennington fir $55k from a private seller, he told me he had received two offers for over $58k. It’s crazy out there. People aren’t spending money on travel so they have the disposal income burning a hole in their pockets.

What I think is missing from this conversation is the acknowledgement that Bennington pontoon boats are a premium brand and thus, command a premium price. If someone wants to enter the boating market for less, it's easy. There are lots of companies selling boats in the $30K - $35K range.

If you want the best, be prepared to take out your wallet. Back in the day, I was quoted in a Bennington ad (or brochure, I can't remember) as saying that my Bennington was like an Escalade on the water. Funny, people are still buying Escalades, too. Are they more money than last year (or 2015)? Yes they are; but people are still buying them.

Pay to play is what I say.

Back