Bennington Production Delays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Placed our order on January 11th... per my dealer, our "estimated" build date is April 5th... but I also "estimate" that I'm going to win the lottery every time I play, and that has yet to work out for me either.

I am however, confident that the wait will be worth it and know that I'll be happily tooning' at some point. Until then, I'll be drooling over everyone's pictures and living vicariously through the stories on this forum!

Last edited:
Placed our order on January 11th... per my dealer, our "estimated" build date is April 5th... but I also "estimate" that I'm going to win the lottery every time I play, and that has yet to work out for me either.

I am however, confident that the wait will be worth it and know that I'll be happily tooning' at some point. Until then, I'll be drooling over everyone pictures and living vicariously through the stories on this forum!
LOL I did the same thing, can’t tell you how many pics I looked at. It was definitely worth the wait. Congrats

Looks like it's been answered but the storms in TX have disrupted all industries. Acrylic monomers and polyethylene mostly.

I couldn't even surprise my wife with some simple L.L.Bean slippers! Back-ordered through JUNE. Are you freakin' kidding me? Our supply chain must heal itself soon or things will be way worse than just slippers.

I am however, confident that the wait will be worth it and know that I'll be happily tooning' at some point. Until then, I'll be drooling over everyone's pictures and living vicariously through the stories on this forum!
Good attitude! Do the same with watching beer commercials on tv. Everyone in the commercials look like they are having so much fun

I couldn't even surprise my wife with some simple L.L.Bean slippers! Back-ordered through JUNE. Are you freakin' kidding me? Our supply chain must heal itself soon or things will be way worse than just slippers.
I think we're way past the "worse than slippers" benchmark.

Some products are out off the West Coast on ships just waiting to be unloaded

Our fire and separate storm damage last year at our cottage took 8 months total to wrap up - technically 1-2 small items left. Original estimate 2 weeks prior to Covid shut down last March when things were at there last point of normal was 4-6 weeks tops. Much worse since then. Ordered furniture in Sept 2020. 3 items. All scheduled for within 4 weeks. 1st item = 6 weeks, 2nd item = 3 months, new estimate on last item is now June. They were happy to take payment up front at that time though...

I cannot imagine how bad it is now. We actually are holding off on a few update related things because we figure why even bother trying right now.

We are waterfront on Lake Wylie and we've gotten two handwritten letters in our mailbox in the last month asking if we would sell, and we just moved in here in November. RE Market is insane!

The market is crazy right now. My wife is a realtor and she can’t show her clients new listings fast enough as they go under contract so quickly. And this is the same from 250k to $2 million. Nuts. Lots of buyers from the north east and CA.

Same in Iowa my wife sells homes to and it ends up in a biding war, on our lake there is a waiting list of people trying to buy a house, people are nocking on your door asking if you want to sell, crazy

We are waterfront on Lake Wylie and we've gotten two handwritten letters in our mailbox in the last month asking if we would sell, and we just moved in here in November. RE Market is insane!
That might be our next move! Hand written letters. We called our realtor last June to look at 3 houses on our lake that had been on the market for close to 1 year. All three had written offers. Since then only 2 have sold for less than asking. Everything else is in a bidding war and sold within hours. We've bid on 2, over asking on both. The first one we were outbid by $25k. We bid $30k over on the second one and were outbid by two buyers. It's crazy. Oh and prices have increased by $150k. So there's that.

Who knows.

That might be our next move! Hand written letters. We called our realtor last June to look at 3 houses on our lake that had been on the market for close to 1 year. All three had written offers. Since then only 2 have sold for less than asking. Everything else is in a bidding war and sold within hours. We've bid on 2, over asking on both. The first one we were outbid by $25k. We bid $30k over on the second one and were outbid by two buyers. It's crazy. Oh and prices have increased by $150k. So there's that.

Who knows.
Same hear on our lake

Who knows.
They had been on the market for a year? Nothing is sitting on the market that long these days! :oops:

We were able to get ours $125 under listing but that was almost 6 months ago, and for sure not peak Waterfront buying season.

50013845-002.jpg

From June 2019 to June 2020. Everything since 6/20 has sold quickly. A few sit for a week or two, but not many.

Down here now $525k gets you a vacant .2 acre lot on a canal. The last one in our neighborhood is now pending. I feel like I stole my place now buying in early 2018.83660D4C-3E88-4CC5-9ABA-1F5A9A56C018.jpeg

Portage Lakes in little 'ol Akron, OH. To put it in prospective one of the lake houses we bid on sold for $330k the women purchased it in 2018 for $200k. The other is even better. Purchased in 1984 for $34k! Sold for over $375k.
Mid 300s for a lake house though! Cant complain there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back