Bennington Production Delays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great dogs, ours is very high energy though. I thought ours was the only one that didn't understand she is to large to be a lapdog
Yeah most are, this is our second GSP, we also had a Weimaraner before. They are not for everyone but we love them. The one on my lap is actually a Catahoula Leopard Dog

Best Approach IME - Have your Realtor ready with pre-written offers, include a nice short cover letter and include statement that you have no issues with making your own repairs, proof of down payment, letter from lender that you are prequalified and can close in 30 days. He then sends to you immediately for any home that appears to meet your requirements for signature and submits sight unseen. It's the only way I have gotten clients into homes here in LA, the market is always competitive. Then during first inspection, if they don't like they cancel (which is surprisingly rare). In my experience.... Best.
All good tips and all things we've been doing. Except the sight unseen part. Pre approval letter, proof of funds, quick closing, etc. We're extremely well qualified buyers. No issues with down payment or debt ratio, only a small mortgage on our primary house. We're not cash buyers but we're competing against them. Our mortgage guy even reached out to the listing agent to tell him we're model clients.

As for the cover letter. We wrote personal letters to the sellers for both of our offers. While we were waiting for our realtor the seller came home to get something she forgot. She gave us a personal tour of the house. We spoke about our family situation, she was in a similar situation. She mentioned she found a house but the deal was falling through, so we told her she could stay in the house (rent free) while she found a new house. Our agent even spoke to her after the showing (per the direction of the listing agent) and the seller asked about us and hoped that we got the house. But in the end it comes down to money. She wasn't going to walk away from $25k because she connected with us, $5k maybe. We don't blame her one bit. Everyone says it will happen. We'll see. My wife and I are thankful of the situation we're in. Coming from lower middle class, we're truly fortunate to even entertain a second home.

Talk about high jacking a thread. We went from delays at Benny to house hunting!

On to dogs! Even better. We have two coonhound/black lab mix. The old man, Bernie, is a great dog. So good the family convinced me to get a second one. After a few beers I relented under two conditions 1) I get to name it 2) it has to be a good as Bernie. My daughter found another coonhound/lab mix that looks like Bernie, acts like Bernie, truthfully she's better than Bernie! Oh and I named her Kosar. Big Browns fans over here. They are two pees in a pod, they are constantly together. They stand shoulder to shoulder all the time. It's like a mirror. They love the boat! We actually can't even say the word boat without them getting excited. They stand up front with their heads over the door and their ears blowing on the wind. Literally they flap in the wind.

IMG_7531.JPGIMG_7530.JPGIMG_7532.JPG

Holy hijack, Batman (I'm a guilty party, too). If y'all want a real estate thread, start one. If y'all want a dog thread, start one.

Please leave this one to the original topic.

Holy hijack, Batman (I'm a guilty party, too). If y'all want a real estate thread, start one. If y'all want a dog thread, start one.

Please leave this one to the original topic.
My bad...

Back to the main topic. I'm close to the PE foam market. We're screwed. The foam situation will only get worse. Hopefully Bennington had some inventory to keep them going.

My bad...

Back to the main topic. I'm close to the PE foam market. We're screwed. The foam situation will only get worse. Hopefully Bennington had some inventory to keep them going.
What is it about the foam that is delayed? Is there a certain chemical required to manufacture it that is in short supply? Petroleum by-product or something?

Nevermind, kinda answered my own question with THIS ARTICLE

Plants in Texas produce chemicals used to make the foam, and there were significant shutdowns due to recent weather and power outages. They typically keep short supplies anyway.

Plants in Texas produce chemicals used to make the foam, and there were significant shutdowns due to recent weather and power outages. They typically keep short supplies anyway.
Yeah, looks like only two plants make TDI, one in Texas and one in Louisiana, both were affected by storm down there.

What is it about the foam that is delayed? Is there a certain chemical required to manufacture it that is in short supply? Petroleum by-product or something?

Nevermind, kinda answered my own question with THIS ARTICLE
Yes. It's going to impact every industry. I'm in skin contact tapes. We're having a hard time getting adhesive. Kinda critical if we want to make tape.

Noticed today the SV model has a disclaimer of extensive delays on that model, won’t even give a price and tells you to contact the dealer

wonder if Bennington is prioritizing production away from the value series, and trying to get the higher priced boats done.

Noticed today the SV model has a disclaimer of extensive delays on that model, won’t even give a price and tells you to contact the dealer

wonder if Bennington is prioritizing production away from the value series, and trying to get the higher priced boats done.
Makes sense, 98% the same materials and margin is a lot thinner.

We bought a lake lot in August with plans to build our "forever" home. The plan is to build, sell our house in town and move to the lake when our youngest daughter graduates in 2022. Getting plans drawn up now and will get it priced up but, with building material costs at or approaching all time highs, my guess is we'll be waiting till things calm down. However, no guarantees it does come back down and who's to say interest rates will stay this low....anybody got a crystal ball?

Makes sense, 98% the same materials and margin is a lot thinner.
Tur

There will be price increases. We've seen double digit raw material increases. Demand already raised the price, now a national disaster.

We bought a lake lot in August with plans to build our "forever" home. The plan is to build, sell our house in town and move to the lake when our youngest daughter graduates in 2022. Getting plans drawn up now and will get it priced up but, with building material costs at or approaching all time highs, my guess is we'll be waiting till things calm down. However, no guarantees it does come back down and who's to say interest rates will stay this low....anybody got a crystal ball?
Prices to build go up often. Over the last year, they have gone up a lot. Somehow those prices have a way of never going back down, and I wouldn't be surprised if that trend continues. Why ? Because they can. I built my current house in 1997, and I wanted to do more. I didn't because of costs. If I had of only known then what I know now, I would have built twice the house. In 20 years, we all will be saying again if I had of only known then.......

Last edited:
They are going to come down, studs 300% osb 400%, the market won't survive it. It's going to come down. It will be after the construction market crashes and a correction in the housing market but it's certainly coming

We got on the right side of the 08 recession. Tried to sell in 08 and no offers. Put up for sale in 2010 at a 20% discount and sold that afternoon. Got a new construction contract on our house plans for our property that was 35% less expensive that the cost sheets we had from 2008. Our builder only had 7 projects that year.

My new boat plans are on hold. Once my warranty repairs are complete I’ll live with it and wait and see what happens next year. Hopefully by then I win the lottery and it won’t matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back