Bennington Washdown System

Like SemperFi stated, I generally hear my pump kick on briefly to pressurize the system as needed. Our's is only controlled by the one switch. Fortunately, I've had no reason to go hunting for the fuse but I would imagine it's on your Power Distribution Panel in the stern.
Thanks Michiman. As soon as the weather clears and I can get out of the office, I am going to spend some time tonight looking closer at the system.

I don’t have one, but wanted to wish you good luck. I hope you can resolve it easily, and get it up and working.

my 2013 gbr2250 has the sink and wash down it runs off its own battery under the cabinet behind the drivers helm also runs my fridge I have a switch behind the helm for it and also a battery switch and a voltage indicator and a plug in for the onboard charging unit

my 2013 gbr2250 has the sink and wash down it runs off its own battery under the cabinet behind the drivers helm also runs my fridge I have a switch behind the helm for it and also a battery switch and a voltage indicator and a plug in for the onboard charging unit
Thanks kenr. That is the same, exact set-up as mine. I bought a new deep cell battery (along with a new main battery) this spring. Should both the water and battery switches be on for the fresh water system to work? Also, I do not have electricity at my slip. It was my understanding that the only way to charge the auxiliary battery is by the cord behind the captains chair. So maybe I am SOL. Is the voltage gauge always showing the current voltage, or only when the battery switch is on?

It's put together pretty well but the switch location is questionable. Not really sure why they put it where it is on mine. Convenience I guess. I originally was going to move the switch and put an external sub in it's place. But, decided to put the additional sub under the rear seat and leave the switch as is.

View attachment 24056 View attachment 24057 View attachment 24058
Looking at purchasing a boat with the wash down. It has this switch near the sink - to confirm, this powers both the sink faucet and the wash down? Do you just turn the nozzle on the wash down hose with the switch turned on? I was told by the dealer that the wash down was freshwater from the lake, while the sink pulled from the onboard tank, but perhaps he was incorrect? Thanks

I have a 2016 Mid-ship bar (sink and wash down) which uses the tank for both operations. Only have one pump so no draw from two sources. I’m not aware of an option as your dealer described it, but I very well could be mistaken.

And yes, that switch controls the pump, which is activated by opening the faucet or sprayer.

And yes, that switch controls the pump, which is activated by opening the faucet or sprayer.
Appreciate that explanation. This one has the dinette behind the captains chair, the hose for the wash down is behind the dinette, and the sink is on the other side of the boat. That said, I only saw one switch, so to your point I am assuming that it must control both from the same water source. Thank you for your reply.

Appreciate that explanation. This one has the dinette behind the captains chair, the hose for the wash down is behind the dinette, and the sink is on the other side of the boat. That said, I only saw one switch, so to your point I am assuming that it must control both from the same water source. Thank you for your reply.
My sink is on the port side and my wash down is on the starboard, so likely yours is the same. Btw, welcome to the family and post some pictures of your new Bennington’

I have the same dinette setup. Yes, just one switch activates the pump which works for both the sink faucet and washdown pump. I have since eliminated the tank and just use a hose line to pull water from the lake. But the same switch still controls the system.

Is it a new boat you are looking at? If not, maybe a previous owner modified the system to pull the washdown water from the lake?

Anyone have a pontoon with the washdown system? I see that my tritoon can have one under a seat next to helm, but its over 600 from benny. Wondering what all is in it and if anyone has pictures?
I have one on my L21 tritoon. It's on the corner of the rear L-lounge with a switch to turn on the pump on the side of the lounge. Tank holds about 10 - 12 gallons. I love it and use it all the time. Hose extends so people can spray down on back deck before coming aboard after swimming (mine is in salt water). Also very handy to spray down back area of boat where fishing platform is. Well worth adding from the manufacturer IMO.

What additional benefits to the washdown system is if you have a sink in your mini the sink will be pressurized by the washdown pump. Otherwise you have a hand pump system for the sink. We have both in our 22 SSX and we use them all the time. I wouldn’t be without it.

Back