Best Anchor

Welcome to the forum Colesmom!!! Members on this forum love their Box anchors! But I've had a Digger anchor going on 14 yrs. now and it has performed really well! https://www.diggeranchor.com/

Any recommendations for anchor type and size for Table Rock Lake and a LXSB 23?
Heading down to TRL in late July. Daughters graduation trip with friends. Will spend at least one day on a double decker tritoon rental with a slide. So much fun, and such a beautiful lake!!!

I hear many good things about the fortress, box and digger anchors from others in this forum. I have only rented on TRL (from Michigan and on a sand bottom shallow lake ourselves - very different than TRL). I know there are a number of marinas on TRL. Maybe call a few of them and see what they and their clients prefer on that lake for its bottom/conditions.

One more for the box anchor here.

What weight anchors you guys use ? Ain't it hell pulling those things up from anchor....unless you got a winch setup ?

Small box off the bow and baby box off the stern if needed. They do get heavy, but thankfully I usually anchor in 20 feet or less.

Fortress is all I’ve ever used and they work great unless your lake has a grass bottom.

Attachments

• 6016D7E7-BCFA-4FB8-A38B-9C24AAAB967C.jpeg
    6016D7E7-BCFA-4FB8-A38B-9C24AAAB967C.jpeg
    102.4 KB · Views: 16
What weight anchors you guys use ? Ain't it hell pulling those things up from anchor....unless you got a winch setup ?
No problem at all! My Digger weighs about 15 lbs. The key is to don't anchor in deep water! The deeper it is the more line you have to pull up! Ha! I have been using 2:1 scope for years now. 10 feet of water - 20 feet of line goes out! On a windy day I may put 30 to 40 ft. out in 10 ft. of water. And use my Chene stern anchor to stop the swing and for extra hold!

I have been living here on TRL for the past six years and have been boating this lake for sixty plus years. Hands down the box anchor is the best anchor I have used. It holds our 22RS without a problem.

I use the Fortress and it's performed great on the eastern shore of MD sand and mud. It even held 2 boats tied together watching the fireworks. If I ever lost it, no doubt I replace it with the same. But you should choose an anchor type depending on your local conditions.

Plus 1 on the box . I have 2, a small and a baby .I use the baby on the stern on windy days

Back