Best Electric Motor for Primary Propulsion

bshissias

Reaction score
Hi all. Will be ordering my Bennington during the upcoming boat shows. (First boat ever owned by me.) Lake allows electric only. I am hearing different things about Ray Electric and Torqueedo motors. One dealer swears by Torqueedo and is dinging Ray and vice versa by the Ray dealer. I figured out the boat and options I want, but really in a quandary over the motor choice. Really appreciative of any and all responses. Thanks. B in NJ

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't help you with electric motors but where are you in NJ? I grew up in north Jersey and moved to NC from Jackson. What lake are you on? Oh, and Welcome to the forum. B)

I have started a few different threads on this subject. And around here it doesn't seem to be a topic most are interested in. I did quite a bit of looking around and from what I came across the tourqeedo motors were top of the line. From prop design to the il-on battery's they seem to be ahead of the comp in electric outboards. YouTube has quite a few video'sof happy customers with the tourqeedo motors? Talk with people / company's that retro fit or install these systems the will have a real time view of what kind of run times you will be looking aT

From owners I have talked to, the Torqueedo seems to have happier and more satisfied owners.

Have owned a 48 volt Ray motor for 3 years and have nothing but positive results. My lake only allows electric motors

Back