Best inflator?

I’m addition, this is the inflator we use for tubing and blowing up the islands. This thing is bad ass! Extremely powerful, and is able to the the pressure you need to get the larger inflatables to the right hardness.
Airhead 12v Inflator
Huge difference when it runs right off the battery

Ok, weird question....

For our first season, we have a number of floats, a towable, and an inflatable kayak that we keep on board. I bought a cheap $20 inflator/deflator that runs off the cigarette lighter that does the job. It's really loud, and not the fastest thing in the world.

Based on how much we use it (multiple times each day out on the water), I probably should invest in something a little nicer. Ideally much faster, and quieter if possible....

Anyone have recommendations? even better would be pressure options, as the kayak can't be inflated more than 1psi... but i can always carry a second pump for it if needed...

This is what i have now...

Thanks!
I bought this 6 years ago from Walmart. Quiet, quick. Works great.

Attachments

• 82FF7620-310F-4E7E-8BDC-6C7A249EE31B.png
    82FF7620-310F-4E7E-8BDC-6C7A249EE31B.png
    459 KB · Views: 5
look at HVLP painting solutions.................. yep , painting. I have shore power and I use a cheapo HVLP paint gun. High volume , low presuure, fast,fast,fast !!

look at HVLP painting solutions.................. yep , painting. I have shore power and I use a cheapo HVLP paint gun. High volume , low presuure, fast,fast,fast !!
cool idea! unfortunately I don't have access to shore power, and due to limited space, most inflating/deflating happens when running about for the day in the swimming cove, or watersports areas... need that space for seating while underway! (or need to trade in and get something closer to 30'... ;)

I spend a good amount of time testing 3 inflators, a standard air mattress inflator, a WOW high capacity ($80 when purchases), and the Outdoor Master ($130 when purchased). The Mattress inflator was quickly eliminated. The Wow inflator and Outdoor Master worked at similar rates for low pressure fills. The Outdoor Master was the clear winner for me: besides being able to inflate my ISup to 15psi, it automatically shuts off when reaching the designated pressure. So I set our tubes to 1 PSI, plug it in, and go make myself another drink. It is done within a few minutes and shut's itself off. The ISup takes about 10-15 minutes, but again it shuts off automatically. It has now lasted two seasons in the VERY hot Havasu weather. I feel the extra dollars for a reliable, fast system that shuts off automatically and comes with all sorts of attachments was the clear winner. I carry the WOW as a backup.

Checking amazon, I see the prices on both have gone up......

This one is my favorite. It's compatible with the other Dewalt battery tools and the best part is that you can set an inflation level and walk away. It will shut off at the desired PSI. This works great for pumping up toys, mountain bike tires, motorcycle tires, adding pressure to portable fuel tanks, everything. It's also pretty quiet.

I spend a good amount of time testing 3 inflators, a standard air mattress inflator, a WOW high capacity ($80 when purchases), and the Outdoor Master ($130 when purchased). The Mattress inflator was quickly eliminated. The Wow inflator and Outdoor Master worked at similar rates for low pressure fills. The Outdoor Master was the clear winner for me: besides being able to inflate my ISup to 15psi, it automatically shuts off when reaching the designated pressure. So I set our tubes to 1 PSI, plug it in, and go make myself another drink. It is done within a few minutes and shut's itself off. The ISup takes about 10-15 minutes, but again it shuts off automatically. It has now lasted two seasons in the VERY hot Havasu weather. I feel the extra dollars for a reliable, fast system that shuts off automatically and comes with all sorts of attachments was the clear winner. I carry the WOW as a backup.

Checking amazon, I see the prices on both have gone up......

Might have to get that Outdoor Master inflator. I've only used a hand pump to pump up my wife's SUP. (I see it comes with the attachment to fit that I don't have for my current inflator) By the time I'm done pumping her SUP up I'm sweating like a pig!!! Ha!

Back