Best storage accessories

bradpins

Reaction score
Hello fellow boaters! I’ve got a 2021 25’ Benny tritoon. I love my boat, but if I’m being honest… I sat in my buddies Crest this weekend, and I was impressed. His drink holder was refrigerated, and he had a nice storage compartment with a built in charger for his phone built into his boat. I didn’t see those options listed when I built my boat. My phone and drink gets overheated pretty fast, and these two cool options solve both problems. Does anyone else have these issues with overheated devices and beverages? Does Benny have any options available to add these to an existing boat? Lmk what you experienced boaters have done to help with these issues.

Those options are model dependent on Bennington .
Here is a link to the build site .
As far as adding them after the fact check with your dealer since Bennington does not sell to the public .

Cool options! But we have Yeti's that we bring onboard. You can put ice in those cups in the morning and it's still there at night! We have a double Bimini so our phones (or Yetis) are never directly in the sun!

It gets tricky when “comparing” since many manufacturers offer many options spread across various models. Depending on model and options picked, and correspondingly, price paid for the boat, discrepancies arise fast. Even within the same manufacturer, it’s all about options in these areas. In this particular situation, the trade off is your buddy is stuck with a Crest, and you have a Bennington. ;)

Follow Jack’s advice above if those are huge concerns you want to resolve. Probably other options are easier at this point such as the Yeti’s mentioned above, or add on compartment for phone, etc… Some of these things (particulary phones) have some other threads in the forum for ideas. Just use the search function to find some of them.

I use a Yeti Sidekick and two Taylor clips to create a little shaded storage compartment near my throttle for phone, wallet, etc. Easy DYI, but perhaps less elegant than what you are looking for. Scroll through thread below if at all interested in the short run:

Helm Storage Solution

Last edited:
I was about to buy a Crest because the Bennington dealer didn't have any inventory in my price point. The day I was going to drive over to sign the papers on the Crest, the Bennington dealer reached out about a L series they got in. I was so much happier with the features on the Bennington, although the chilled cupholder was cool on the Crest. To be fair, I was unable to do a fair apples to apples comparison because my Crest dealer wasn't willing to move much on the MSRP, whereas the Bennington dealer was fair on the discount. Therefore, I was able to get into a nicer model series on the Bennington side(L-series versus Crest LX). The 10 year warranty was nice as well.

To offer some solutions for the Bennington, ask your dealer to order/install a console pocket. It's new for 2022, and mine came with one. I think it's only around ~$35 on the build sheet. It's just a caddy that mounts near below the throttle for your phone and cupholder. When the sun is too intense, I put my phone there which is shaded. They show pics here: https://www.benningtonmarine.com/en-us/whats-new-with-bennington/

As for keeping a drink cool, I have a Yeti 12 oz "Colster' can insulator. They fit great in the cup holders, and keep my beverage cold. One of my favorite beer brands started switching to slim cans, which was frustrating. The Yet slim can insulator didn't fit right on those, so I picked up a Brumate Slim Can Insulator for the slim cans.

For you Drinks - I suggest a Contigo 20oz autoseal - keeps drinks cold, even in our 110 plus degree heat. Plus they float and don't spill, so I can let go the drink for a minute when needed when floating in the water.

I also added the Yeti Sidekick - used heavy duty velcro strips and put in behind the throttle - so far so good, even in the heat.
I put my phone in there with a longer cord - that has worked - though also like the Caddy - will have to add that soon!

Refrigerated Cup Holder - Skeptical - creating anything cold is a huge power consumer - plus I am constantly moving and mostly in the water. And, I doubt it would work well in Havasu Heat.

Otherwise - I would put my Benny up against a Crest any day of the week!

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Back