best tube brightener /cleaner

packman

Reaction score
Would like to get thoughts on best tube cleaner and brightener for a newer boat. Minor stains from short stays in the water.

Thanks

Sharkskin, but it's probably too late. My brand new boat came without it and has been in the water since May. Sadly the toons look to belong to a much older vessel. Based upon many related posts on this board, unless I'm missing something, getting them back to "like new" condition will take a lot of time and effort.

Hopefully someone will prove me wrong, but I don't believe there is any silver bullet once they're stained. At this point, I just try and not look at them. :(

I didn't get the sharkskin either.  I power washed my logs yesterday and they came pretty clean.  I will take it out again at the end of the season, power wash and polish.  Should be better than new.  I didn't want to polish now because I know the season is coming to an end and I wanted to get it back in the water quick. 

On our 3rd season with shark hide, added it at the last minute! You can see some wear at bumper locations but overall the toons look new. Looking to polish this off season and go back on with shark hide. A lot of the guys I spoke with at the lake use a home brew to clean toons without leaving that horrible white haze. I can't seem to get the ingredients though!?

Back