Big oopss

HRT

Reaction score
While fueling from a 5 gal. tank the plastic "spicket" from the can (about 8" long) dropped into pontoon fuel tank.

How can I get it out?

Thanks

Where's your tank located?

Carl,

It is in the back parallel basically to the motor. It is under the small live well in the back.

Thanks for you interest

Russ

If you feel up to the task, remove the fuel filler hose, take a flashlight and look down in the tank. If you can see it, get a three fingered flexible grabber tool from your local auto parts store and see if you can get a hold of it that way.

Otherwise, it probably won't hurt anything being in the tank, unless it interferes with the fuel level float.

Let us know how it turn out for you.

Carl,

It is in the back parallel basically to the motor. It is under the small live well in the back.

Thanks for you interest

Russ
Looking at my motor from the inside of the boat, mine is to the right of the motor under a lift up cover (behind sundeck). I can get to the fill hose in there. Like was already mentioned, if you can get to the fill hose then disconnect it and try to fish it out.

If you feel up to the task, remove the fuel filler hose, take a flashlight and look down in the tank. If you can see it, get a three fingered flexible grabber tool from your local auto parts store and see if you can get a hold of it that way.

Otherwise, it probably won't hurt anything being in the tank, unless it interferes with the fuel level float.

Let us know how it turn out for you.
I tried the grabber though the fuel tank fill but it was too short.

Thanks so much for your advise. I was hoping that there was a top opening of the fuel tank that I could get to under the back live well.

I tried the grabber though the fuel tank fill but it was too short.

Thanks so much for your advise. I was hoping that there was a top opening of the fuel tank that I could get to under the back live well.
I will give it try when I am at the lake this weekend.

Thanks again and I will let you know.

I wouldn't worry about it. It won't hurt anything if it did truely make it into the tank and didn't get stuck in the filler neck tubing.

You could also try using 'fish tape' you know for running wire, it's firm enough to be able to move the filler spout to a closer spot where the grabber could reach maybe?

Derrick

Back