Bilge pump

Dgj

Reaction score
on my 2010 2550 with center elliptical tube storage should there be a bilge pump some where? I have pulled the bottom panels out of the storage compartment and didn’t see one but I do have a switch that says livewell and does nothing? But not switch for bilge. Maybe I’m not looking in the right place but I don’t know where else it might be with the 59 gallon tank. It may not be standard or some one may have pulled it out.

It isn't in the actual storage if it has one, open up one of the two access panels closer to the rear of the boat. One will have connections for your center fuel tank, and the other should have the bilge pump all the way down on the tube floor. At least that's how it was in 2012

Thank you I will look in there. It stays pretty moist in there even when I open it up and leave a fan blowing on it all week under ther cover so there may be more water in it than I realize Need to get it figured out and fixed or instal one before it becomes an issue.

My understanding is the bilge pump in the storage is automatic. The I/O has a bilge switch but it controls the engine bay bilge pump.

My SPS center storage has a bilge pump under the black plastic flooring against the rear wall, switch on the dash has a manual setting and automatic. Maybe the ESP would be different?

next time I am at the dock I will look in there and find it or rule out it even having one.

I would think it is standard as opposed to an add on option but it may not be with the outboard. I usually spend a lot of time checking every little detail out on anything I have but with us buying the boat mid summer it wasn’t home long enough to do much more than load it up and check the motor and batterys and go on enjoy it.

Come to think of it I haven’t seen a place that it would discharge.

It discharges in the transom area, there's a hole about 1" or so on the rear wall of the toon, it discharges it in the well just in front of the outboard motor

Thank you. Makes sense why I haven’t seen it then.

Back