Bimini Frame

Pocono Bill

Reaction score
So, we were out on the Dora Canal Saturday and it got a little crazy at the end and trying to get out into Lake Dora, FL.. One boat at a time makes it. So, floating around, backing up, etc. The Bimini was no match for the tree branch. Does anyone have a idea of how to straighten the square frame? I have tried C clamps that worked on the side arm that wasn't to bad. But the top frame is my concern. I have a double Bimini and it's the front portion.

A more thorough search might yield some better hits, but this can be a start.

Personally I run pretty hard with the bimini up during summer so I would go with a replacement part vs. repair. But I would guess severity of the bend would dictate best course of action.

Good luck!

I had a similar issue with mine and used a dead blow hammer (3 lb, plastic filled with lead shot) over 2 x 6. Go slow. My frame was not kinked, just bent. If the bend is severe, you may want to tightly pack the tube with sand so that it will not collapse during forming. A sheet metal shop with rolling equipment could also minimize the bend, but with any permanent deformation, the fix will not be perfect. If the square tubing is kinked, I would suggest replacement.

Back