Bimini Top

shastaquick

Reaction score
Needing to replace the Bimini top on my 2016 Bennington 22 SSLX Tri-Toon Boat. Wanting one like what came with originally, black with Bennington logo. Can someone help direct me?

If looking OEM either contact your closest Bennington boat dealer about getting an accessory order in for it tied to your Hull ID/boat. Jack on here also often recommends Greatlakesskipper.com as they sometimes have left over OEM Bennington items - it and miss with them. Good Luck!

The Bennington paperwork with our boat (2012) had the name of the original supplier of the Surlast Bimini top, who quoted the Surlast bimini and mooring cover. We wanted to upgrade to a Sunbrella top and mooring cover, but they said it could be a long wait due to Cvd.
So we contacted a local (outside of Knoxville) shop. They put us on their waitlist; called when our name came up, then got the Sunbrella within a week. I took the canvas to them and within a few days they had the new ones made and came out to the marina to install.
Price was less than Surlast too…including custom fitting and installation!
Perfect fit. We’re delighted. I’ve used Sunbrella on 3 previous Boats: Granted, with proper care the Surlast lasted 10 years…
Sunbrella Bimini on my houseboat is 20+ years old and still looks nice!

The Bennington paperwork with our boat (2012) had the name of the original supplier of the Surlast Bimini top, who quoted the Surlast bimini and mooring cover. We wanted to upgrade to a Sunbrella top and mooring cover, but they said it could be a long wait due to Cvd.
So we contacted a local (outside of Knoxville) shop. They put us on their waitlist; called when our name came up, then got the Sunbrella within a week. I took the canvas to them and within a few days they had the new ones made and came out to the marina to install.
Price was less than Surlast too…including custom fitting and installation!
Perfect fit. We’re delighted. I’ve used Sunbrella on 3 previous Boats: Granted, with proper care the Surlast lasted 10 years…
Sunbrella Bimini on my houseboat is 20+ years old and still looks nice!
+1 on the Sunbrella fabric. It replaced the original Surlast mooring cover and Bimini top on my old boat! It did it's job for 10 yrs. though..... Shastaquick, my local canvas guy has the ability to fabricate Bimini tops with the boots that have the embroidered Bennington logo. Check with your local canvas shop/s. They may be able to do the same....

I went with Tumacs. I just replaced our mooring cover and bimini top. They are not cheap however. But it does have the Bennington logo on the boot. Unlike the mooring cover, the Bimini has all the snaps in place for a easy install.
Just give them your Hull Identification Number and they will match what came with the boat. They did change material from Surlast to EcoElite.

This is what they said about the EcoElite

The EcoElite material is 7 oz material just like the Surlast. We no longer offer the Sunbrella material
FOR NORMAL CARE AND CLEANING.

• Add 2 ounces of mild soap such as Woolite or Dawn dishwashing liquid to 1 gallon of lukewarm water.
  • Clean the fabric with a "soft bristle brush."
  • Rinse thoroughly with cold water and air dry.
FOR STUBBORN STAINS.

• Add maximum 1 cup of bleach to one 1 gallon of water.
  • Spray on lightly to the fabric face (non-coated side). Do not soak fabric. Prolonged exposure to harsh chemicals can damage the coating.
  • Rinse immediately. Do not leave on for more than 2 minutes.
Cleaning with harsh cleaners such as bleach will require a retreatment like 303 High Tech Fabric Guard for restoring water repellency.

Todd

Back