Bimini Top

Lil Spooky OH6A

Reaction score
Hello everyone, hope a great summer was had by all. 2018 21slx. Is there a "correct" way to fold back the bimini top so the cover wrap can be "easily" put on and zipped? Thanks

Maybe describe the issue you are having and we can offer some advice - are the zippers not zipping easily, canvas getting the way etc?

Here is my process - collapse the bimini and move the canvas material around so there are no "long" pieces drooping on either side of the frame. Put the cover on and velcro around the anchor light. Go to one side, loosely conform the cover around the elbow and get zipper started pulling the cover downwards (towards the base of the frame) to take up slack and getting the zipper as much clear, uncanvassed area as possible on the frame. Zip up to the anchor light tucking loose canvas into the cover as I go. Repeat on other side. Final adjustment so the Bennington logo faces forward. Drink beer to reward a job well done!

Maybe describe the issue you are having and we can offer some advice - are the zippers not zipping easily, canvas getting the way etc?

Here is my process - collapse the bimini and move the canvas material around so there are no "long" pieces drooping on either side of the frame. Put the cover on and velcro around the anchor light. Go to one side, loosely conform the cover around the elbow and get zipper started pulling the cover downwards (towards the base of the frame) to take up slack and getting the zipper as much clear, uncanvassed area as possible on the frame. Zip up to the anchor light tucking loose canvas into the cover as I go. Repeat on other side. Final adjustment so the Bennington logo faces forward. Drink beer to reward a job well done!
I've done exactly as you've just described for the past 5 years. Including the beer. Yesterday while tucking and tucking the canvas I thought there has to be an easier way. However, my wife is out of town. It's a two person job. Have a safe and enjoyable off season.

I've done exactly as you've just described for the past 5 years. Including the beer. Yesterday while tucking and tucking the canvas I thought there has to be an easier way. However, my wife is out of town. It's a two person job. Have a safe and enjoyable off season.
I’d have to agree that it’s best attempted with two people, but certainly possible with one. I’m not racing, but I’d have to guess that it takes me a couple of minutes to button up my standard bimini.

Back