Bimini

Tatum337

Reaction score
Well this past weekend the Bimini blew down on the Triton while traveling 15 or so mph. It damaged the entire canopy and rails. It came down so hard it damaged the railing and creased the body metal directly behind the drivers chair where it folds down. My question is does anyone recommend a dealer to fix this for me in the S. Ga./North Fl. area? Any suggestions please help lol

Welcome to the forum Tatum! Just trying to figure out how the Bimini can come down with such force to cause damage to the Bimini itself and surrounding area travelling at 15mph or so. Was it really windy or not attached properly?!? Have you had any problem like this before? What year is your boat? Is it still under warranty?

I agree with BigKahuna... I’m stymied as to how this happened and caused that much damage. I regularly cruise at a zesty 25+ mph with the Bimini deployed with no concern. One time, I forgot to attach the front support legs and took off at WOT. The Bimini slammed back with a tremendous force but was fine.

Welcome to the forum Tatum! Just trying to figure out how the Bimini can come down with such force to cause damage to the Bimini itself and surrounding area travelling at 15mph or so. Was it really windy or not attached properly?!? Have you had any problem like this before? What year is your boat? Is it still under warranty?
2021 22SX…never an issue but has not been used very much. Maybe 3 times

It was a little windy as a light rain was about to start but nothing major. Just a little afternoon drizzle..not 100% sure on the supports on that side as I did the passenger side and my 12 yo did the driver’s side.

My Bimini has popped off twice on my 2022 20LLG SPS running ~25MPH. I was lucky and caught it quick so no damage other than a rail scratch. The Bimini strut clips are plastic and the “tooth” that keeps it in place is a POS.

Back