Bird-B-Gone question

Adam2012

Reaction score
So I purchased the Bird B Gone with the sandbag base. Problem is I can't figure out how to secure it to the mid part of the boat. I had to put it up by the bow where I can reach to bungee it in place by standing on the front after the cover is on. I only have a dock on the starboard side. Any thoughts??

bird.jpg

Mount it directly to the plastic pole cap via two nut and bolts.. You might need to get the "railmount" style pin vs that bag pin you have. Do you have a close up of how the pin is attached to the bag. I ordered mine with the rail mount (but only used the top part, which I simply drilled and bolted directly to the black pole cap).

I posted a pic in the gallery

Last edited by a moderator:
Very clever DMC. Any chance you can bungee cord it to the Bimini top? We have a couple boats that have the owls bungee'd on the "dock side" of the bimini top

The seagulls here will sit on a boat with as little as 1sq ft not protected by some deterrent. In order to keep them off my boat I have the bird be gone on the cover pole which covers the front 1/3 and a rubber alligator zip tied to the vent cover towards the stern. I also have a blowup shark that is 4ft long with one bungee cord tied to the Bimini. That has kept me 100 pecent bird poop free

Very clever DMC. Any chance you can bungee cord it to the Bimini top? We have a couple boats that have the owls bungee'd on the "dock side" of the bimini top

The seagulls here will sit on a boat with as little as 1sq ft not protected by some deterrent. In order to keep them off my boat I have the bird be gone on the cover pole which covers the front 1/3 and a rubber alligator zip tied to the vent cover towards the stern. I also have a blowup shark that is 4ft long with one bungee cord tied to the Bimini. That has kept me 100 pecent bird poop free
Why am I now thinking that YOUR boat is the one where I got the Bird B Gone idea from??? Are you at BB Marina??

Hi Adam. Yes I am the blue 2250 in the slip that is in front of the little BB beach area. Let me know if you want a hand installing the mount point on the vent cover. A cordless drills, two long bolts, two lock nuts and 5 mins and it will be done :) I am surprised you have not noticed my boat going out. We have one teenage daughter and usually exit the marina with 7 of her friends blaring the pop song of the day on the stereo. They are all great kids so I let their poor selection of music and volume level slide, they love the boat. Hopefully not upsetting to many of the BB boaters trying to enjoy some peace and quiet in the slips too much.

Why am I now thinking that YOUR boat is the one where I got the Bird B Gone idea from??? Are you at BB Marina??

Hi Adam. Yes I am the blue 2250 in the slip that is in front of the little BB beach area. Let me know if you want a hand installing the mount point on the vent cover. A cordless drills, two long bolts, two lock nuts and 5 mins and it will be done :) I am surprised you have not noticed my boat going out. We have one teenage daughter and usually exit the marina with 7 of her friends blaring the pop song of the day on the stereo. They are all great kids so I let their poor selection of music and volume level slide, they love the boat. Hopefully not upsetting to many of the BB boaters trying to enjoy some peace and quiet in the slips too much.
Too funny- I have 2275-RCW 2 docks down- would LOVE to take you up on your offer to help with that as I am not the BEST when it comes to handyman type stuff. (By the way, our daughter is 22 so I can relate!!)

Back