Bird precision bombing

Timdelta

Reaction score
Dear Bennington great work getting Simtex. A great blue heron was able to release on a low level about 10 feet from boat. The “load” made it under the Bimini and hit seat. It was on the seat for about 20 hours, baking in Florida sun. I sprayed the seat with water and all the white came out. A nasty brown stain was left. I went through all of the simtex steps on cleaning and still had the stain. I gave up and went upstairs. Today I was still bumming and looked at it. SPOTLESS!
Great job Bennington picking this fabric. Impressive!

Attachments

• B72F2861-EE99-439D-A9B7-9A5E966E0CFE.jpeg
    B72F2861-EE99-439D-A9B7-9A5E966E0CFE.jpeg
    130.9 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Dear Bennington great work getting Simtex. A great blue heron was able to release on a low level about 10 feet from boat. The “load” made it under the Bimini and hit seat. It was on seat for about 20 hours baking in Florida sun. I sprayed the seat with water and all the white came out. A nasty brown stain was left. I went through all of the simtex steps on cleaning and still had the stain. I gave up and went upstairs. Today I was still bumming and looked at it. SPOTLESS!
Well I guess your boat was "baptized" $&#$!$#!! Herons!!!

Full disclosure-I am a expert on stains and one of my favorite tools is a sonic toothbrush. Just make sure it is a used brush head (softer) and make sure to only use for cleaning. I had to get good at spot removal or I would be replacing shirts after 3 meals. Yes, I’m a pig.

Dear Bennington great work getting Simtex. A great blue heron was able to release on a low level about 10 feet from boat. The “load” made it under the Bimini and hit seat. It was on seat for about 20 hours baking in Florida sun. I sprayed the seat with water and all the white came out. A nasty brown stain was left. I went through all of the simtex steps on cleaning and still had the stain. I gave up and went upstairs. Today I was still bumming and looked at it. SPOTLESS!
I hear stories often of spots that can't be removed. They leave and come back after a day of baking in the sun, and they are gone. Doesn't make sense.

Full disclosure-I am a expert on stains and one of my favorite tools is a sonic toothbrush. Just make sure it is a used brush head (softer) and make sure to only use for cleaning. I had to get good at spot removal or I would be replacing shirts after 3 meals. Yes, I’m a pig.
"and make sure to only use for cleaning" Haha!

Mine was baptized by a heron a few weeks ago. I uncovered it the night before taking to dealer, then drove to dealer in morning. As I'm docking the boat at the dealer I noticed a HUGE ariel bomb had hit the middle of the swingback and splattered everywhere. Nothing I could do, but leave it for them. They got it all out.

Back