Black Bimini tops and mooring cover.

Power Washer - the fine mist should take care of it in short order, though use on a low setting. I use a Dewalt Batter version on my interior after big outings, the amount of dirt and grime that it washes away is amazing - yet soft enough that I can spray my feet with no issue (the big units will peel away your skin). Not recommended per instructions - but I feel better than cleaners and I think their advice is related to the typical units which I could see would easily damage the fabric.

Power Washer - the fine mist should take care of it in short order, though use on a low setting. I use a Dewalt Batter version on my interior after big outings, the amount of dirt and grime that it washes away is amazing - yet soft enough that I can spray my feet with no issue (the big units will peel away your skin). Not recommended per instructions - but I feel better than cleaners and I think their advice is related to the typical units which I could see would easily damage the fabric.
Yes I was thinking of using the power washer as a last resort. I can see myself shredding it with my luck! Thx....

Dave, are those 2-5ft pieces or 10 individual ?
Jack, they are 1’ sections. I use 4 of them with ball bungees to hold them on.

Thanks Dave, do you recall what length bungees you used ?

I have black canvas also. I have been pretty lucky with not having birds sit on my boat. My observation is they do like dark colors (warmer/hold heat) in the fall when it gets cooler. I have noticed that they tend to like to sit on the dark covered boat that is closest to open water. My slip is the 4th one out of maybe 10 or 12 slips. Those dark color covers on the end get the brunt of it. So in my situation it seems to be location location location! At least for now, I have had the boat since beginning of season 2018. Fingers crossed this remains the norm.

Thanks Dave
Your welcome. I actually ordered another pack today. I like them much better than metal hook bungees. I might get a black eye but won’t lose an eye like hook bungees.

once you get it as clean as possible. lay it flat away from the boat and spray with 303 marine fabric guard. you will be glad you did!

Attachments

• 7C78D759-75DE-42B2-917B-144E1EF39BD6.jpeg
    7C78D759-75DE-42B2-917B-144E1EF39BD6.jpeg
    59.4 KB · Views: 3
I know BK says he has better results with Starbrite than 303, and when the pollen settles down in a week or two, I plan to waterproof my cover with Starbrite, but I must admit I'm scared of these petroleum based products. There are water based products, but idk if they would waterproof as well. I am also afraid of any residuals getting on the furniture after a big rain or very high heat or something. I'm not going to spray it while on the boat, but it's after the fact that concerns me. Maybe I'm just anal ? I have a gallon of it sitting here now....and a sprayer.

I have used 303 on my previous 3 boats with no issues . I have never tried the starbrite .Since I'm happy with the 303 results ,no reason to change now.

I love 303 Aerospace Protectant and bought a gallon of their waterproofing product. I didn't do a good job metering it out and ran out before I finished waterproofing the entire cover. Couldn't find the same product locally so I ended up getting a quart of Starbrite to finish the job. When the cover was wet, the Starbrite portion beaded up like crazy and the 303 section didn't bead at all. Starbrite wins this category for me. Here's a pic of my former boat after a rain. The arrow is pointing to the panels I used Starbrite on. Dramatic difference.

Docked after rain.jpg

That's odd . When I used the 303 it beaded on surlast and sunbrella

I love 303 Aerospace Protectant and bought a gallon of their waterproofing product. I didn't do a good job metering it out and ran out before I finished waterproofing the entire cover. Couldn't find the same product locally so I ended up getting a quart of Starbrite to finish the job. When the cover was wet, the Starbrite portion beaded up like crazy and the 303 section didn't bead at all. Starbrite wins this category for me. Here's a pic of my former boat after a rain. The arrow is pointing to the panels I used Starbrite on. Dramatic difference.

View attachment 32476
Same - I did my Bimini top half with 303 Marine and half with Starbright - the Starbrite beaded like crazy, 303 did also but not as well!?!? This was on a new top, about 2 months after application.

this stuff has great reviews.

Attachments

• E1F0C804-9661-499C-9523-02C8C184E112.png
    E1F0C804-9661-499C-9523-02C8C184E112.png
    423.3 KB · Views: 24
Just waterproofed my cover with Starbrite. It's dry after a couple hours, but I'm gonna give it the 6 it says. Took the entire gallon to do it in a sprayer. I put it on kind of heavy.

Attachments

• 20220517_115650.jpg
    20220517_115650.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 10
Back