blocking up my pontoon from trailer

Hunterleej

Reaction score
Does anybody know of a video anywhere that will show me how to get my 20' pontoon off my trailer and onto blocks or stands so I can work on the toons? Thanks

When I polished my toons, I took a 4x4 and made a T with a short piece of 4x4.  Placed a floor jack under T and spread the load over sever of the cross members.  I just wanted to get high enough to lift off the bunks.

HERE is a thread about using Toon Jacks to block it up. They are available from Overtons, Pontoonstuff, Gander Mountain, among others for ~$100.

Thanks! Tom....forgive my ignorance but I'm assuming the 4 x 4 in front goes across under the front of the pontoons? do i need to somehow cushing the part of the toons that are in contact with the 4 x 4 ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! Tom....forgive my ignorance but I'm assuming the 4 x 4 in front goes across under the front of the pontoons? do i need to somehow cushing the part of the toons that are in contact with the 4 x 4 ?
I think the 4x4 only contacts the crossmembers (running side to side), not the pontoons.

I was wondering the same, but I can see this going horribly wrong for me.  I think I will keep it on the trailer and save myself a ton of headaches.  Just changing one of my trailer tires with the boat on it almost became a disaster.  I had two bad tires on the right side, took off the back one and put the spare on.  Figured I could just jack up the trailer now and take off the front tire and 3 tires should be enough, I am so glad I blocked the axle! few!  The way my springs are attached to each tire won't allow for that, I had to put the other bad tire on and just bring 1 tire at a time to the shop.  I always get myself into predicaments like that.

Back