Boat Fenders (Bumpers)

WaveRunner

Reaction score
For those of you who use them, or need a new set, I found these Polyform G4 "rugged rubber baby buggy bumpers" in burgundy to match the accent strip on the Benny.  I've been in the market for these slightly larger ones (6.5" x 23"), but the prices out there were killing me.  I was using smaller old beater white ones until I got these in.  

I found these here:  http://www.go2marine.com/product/22278F/g-series-boat-fenders.html  on sale for $19.88 each, no tax and free shipping on orders over $75.  They have something like 9 different colors and 6 sizes, and these came in via UPS within a week, too.  

These are the inflatable kind, as you can see from the small white screw-in valve at the top of this fender.  I found the 1/4" red/white striped line at Home Depot.  I get no kickback from this, just sharing the idea with those who may need a set, and I like to post things I've bought that I think are worth the money.  I debated on the burgundy versus the white, but am glad I chose the burgundy now.

412740919.jpg

Lookin good Wave, the rope is a nice touch, still got the old whiteys myself.  I'm making my Christmas list.

For those of you who use them, or need a new set, I found these Polyform G4 "rugged rubber baby buggy bumpers" in burgundy to match the accent strip on the Benny.  I've been in the market for these slightly larger ones (6.5" x 23"), but the prices out there were killing me.  I was using smaller old beater white ones until I got these in.  

I found these here:  http://www.go2marine.com/product/22278F/g-series-boat-fenders.html  on sale for $19.88 each, no tax and free shipping on orders over $75.  They have something like 9 different colors and 6 sizes, and these came in via UPS within a week, too.  

These are the inflatable kind, as you can see from the small white screw-in valve at the top of this fender.  I found the 1/4" red/white striped line at Home Depot.  I get no kickback from this, just sharing the idea with those who may need a set, and I like to post things I've bought that I think are worth the money.  I debated on the burgundy versus the white, but am glad I chose the burgundy now.

412740919.jpg

... and all this time I thought that color was called "Razorback Red"  :D

... and all this time I thought that color was called "Razorback Red"  :D

To be honest, it was the boat we wanted and he came off the price by over 25% and gave us the trailer at cost, so we took the color scheme.  I say "took" rather than "settled" for it, as we'd seen plenty of other schemes we weren't fond of, and this one looked clean on the water.  

A week after we had it we realized it was basically the Razorbacks colors.  I know...pitiful, right?  Now almost a month later, we love the white as it doesn't show the water spots unless you get really close.  My wife found a white 5-gallon pail at the Home Depot that had the Razorback Hog emblem on it, and now it's our anchor bucket.  

When in "Rome", do as the Romans do!   ;)

I'd tie a 5 gallon bucket filled with cement to a razorback and throw it in the lake too!

We bought the Dock Edge Standard Toon Fenders for our new Bennington. I asked the marina if they ever heard of them and salesman said that they were just starting to put them on all their rental pontoons. Hoping they work as advertised. I didn't want the inflatable bumpers rubbing on our panels while docked, and our pontoon is a 20' fishing one, not much storage for bumpers.

Back