Boat Mirrors

If I bought a $300 mirror, my wife would first call me an idiot, then ask me why I can't just turn my head and look?

What do I say to that?  Is this an "old guy" thing?
No, every wake board boat has one, even bigger than this. The only "old guys" you see there are the ones paying for the boats the kids drive  B)

Simple, you just tell her it's for the safety of everyone. You can't put a price on that. If you are looking behind you, you can't see those drunk kids not paying attention and almost going to slam into you. If you are just looking ahead then you can't see the rogue wake coming at the first time tube rider who is somewhat nervous and not a strong swimmer. If you had the mirror you could hopefully see it in time to decelerate and avoid a traumatic moment in that persons life, therefore SAVING the day! She'll probably just hand over HER credit card at that point. Or if there is someone annoying her that day it will make it that much easier to time the whip just right to ensure an amazing airborne dump off. Either scenario should work.

Glad to hear that one worked out for you.  I purchased the same one through Amazon.  It kept falling off.   Great value if you can get it to stick though!

Well I installed the PTM Pro model this weekend and have to say i love it...great field of view and folds up nice out of way with mooring cover in place. Thanks for the advice to get the bigger one.

Can you guys post pictures of where you installed the edge mirror? We bought one last year (of course we did, had to keep up with the forum) but we can't seem to find the best place to attach it. Ours seems limited on trying to get the angle right for a good view. Thanks

Mine is on the right rail almost even with the front of the windshield when it lays down it is about 4 inches in front of the throttle in the neutral position. I hope that helps. I'll get a better photo this weekend of the bracket.

Thanks for the picture Kris, I think we originally tried there but the bimini some got in the way. It's been changed a bit since then so I think we need to try again. It looks good on yours.

Nice Bama

Hey Mollylibby..........that mirror looks pretty good and it's half the price of the PTM mirror we have. Let us know how the quality, fit, and finish is..........

Not sure about other states but here if you pull a tube, skier or anything else you have to have a spotter at least 12 years old OR a wide angle mirror with a field of view 170 degrees & 78 square inches of surface if your pulling solo. The JIF mirror is not large enough.

Not sure about other states but here if you pull a tube, skier or anything else you have to have a spotter at least 12 years old OR a wide angle mirror with a field of view 170 degrees & 78 square inches of surface if your pulling solo. The JIF mirror is not large enough.
Here in Utah you have to have the spotter. No option of replacing them with a mirror of any size. But the spotter only has to be 8 years old. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I was looking for a mirror similar in size to the PXR 100, not the pro model & the JIF mirror matches it in size & is hopefully close in quality.  I intend to always have a spotter in the boat anyway as I wouldn't feel comfortable without someone helping me keep an eye out for a skier/tubers!  I'll update once I've received the mirror and have had a chance to test it out!    

Just say "it's all about safety honey, I can't look where I am driving and at the kiddies unless I have this one and only specific mirror."

@mollylibby any update on the mirror?  

also wanted to ask if it folds flat...  No note of that feature on any search....  Mandatory if using mooring cover.

Last edited by a moderator:
I purchased the JIFF mirror, but haven't installed it yet. However, it doesn't fold. You have to remove 2 Allen screws to remove the arm from the base.

I purchased the JIFF mirror, but haven't installed it yet. However, it doesn't fold. You have to remove 2 Allen screws to remove the arm from the base.
Even with the substantially lower price not folding would be a deal breaker for me.

Back