Boat Mirrors

You get what you pay for .

Just installed the following mirror on my bemini down post two week ago and absolutely love it. It's a cheap model I found by a good recommendation from another boat site. It fits firmly in place and stays in place. With hand turning of set screw it swings sideways for bemini to be folded back and covered. I will photo this weekend (posting is another subject). It's not a billet beauty but instead, it is in a low profile type location that is not noticed. Longevity is still in question but it feels like it will hold up. The rear view optic without turning around is as everyone has described- Fabulous.  Anyway its an Amazon.com   CIPA 2000 Comp.   a massive  7" x 14" surface again this feature is super. Stan

I like the idea of something low profile attached to the Bimini...  I would like to see your pics on the install also.

Thanks for sharing!

Last edited by a moderator:
Photos are up in the gallery of my amazon purchased mirror from this weekend plus a few other photos. Listed by Stanvol or lake's.

Just installed the following mirror on my bemini down post two week ago and absolutely love it. It's a cheap model I found by a good recommendation from another boat site. It fits firmly in place and stays in place. With hand turning of set screw it swings sideways for bemini to be folded back and covered. I will photo this weekend (posting is another subject). It's not a billet beauty but instead, it is in a low profile type location that is not noticed. Longevity is still in question but it feels like it will hold up. The rear view optic without turning around is as everyone has described- Fabulous.  Anyway its an Amazon.com   CIPA 2000 Comp.   a massive  7" x 14" surface again this feature is super. Stan
Hi Stan, just ordered the mirror on your recommendation. Saw your photos and the price was right (didn't want to spend $300).Thanks

I love mine. I think you are going to be pleasantly surprised at how solid it feels after mounting on boat. For $35 the risk reward is a no brainer. Stan

Just bought a used Airhead Viper 3-seater towable last weekend so this subject on mirrors was handy! I just ordered that CIPA mirror on Amazon but at checkout got an additional $7.00 off! So only $28! Definitely worth a gamble at that price (thanks StanVol)!

Nice pics.  I like how that can stay put on the bimini rail with the rail down.  Doesn't get in the way of the boot or the mooring cover, and all you have to do is tilt the mirror a little?

Yes Kaydano, just loosen large thumb screw and it will turn side ways. Unbelievably easy and solid feeling. Stan

Was going to do the ptm mirror next year, but you guys have convinced me to give this one a try this year.

It's in my Amazon cart, waiting for our next order.

So I got the mirror and tried to install the way StanVol did, but I couldn't get it to mount to the bimini rail and give me a clear view... I looked again and notice his bimini support is completely vertical, where mine is on an angle, and the mirror does not work mounted that way.

SO.

I figured another way to do it.  Not ideal since I have to remove every time I collapse the bimini, but we usually keep it open anyway.

med_gallery_5694_655_69888.jpg
med_gallery_5694_655_101463.jpg

med_gallery_5694_655_153857.jpg

I only took it out for a 10 minute spin without pulling anyone... didn't seem too annoying, much better than turning around and kinking my neck...  I can still see in front of me and a clear view of the sky... I'll get more time this weekend and see if my opinion changes...

So I got the mirror and tried to install the way StanVol did, but I couldn't get it to mount to the bimini rail and give me a clear view... I looked again and notice his bimini support is completely vertical, where mine is on an angle, and the mirror does not work mounted that way.

SO.

I figured another way to do it.  Not ideal since I have to remove every time I collapse the bimini, but we usually keep it open anyway.

med_gallery_5694_655_69888.jpg
med_gallery_5694_655_101463.jpg

med_gallery_5694_655_153857.jpg
Got the Cipa mirror and as Kells says our bimini supports are angled, unlike StanVols. We did however make it work on the angled section just below the wing nut thing. It doesn't obstruct the view any more than any other mirror would, at least it doesn't bother us. The u-bracket on the mirror is TIGHT (but I guess that holds it in place pretty well). We tried to put it up overhead on the bimini as Kells did but no way will it squeeze onto the framing especially with the canvas thickness. We'd probably have to spread the bracket wider in order to try it that way. Anyways, it is okay in my opinion. Serves its purpose and useful, kinda fun to see what's going on the river behind us! Paid only $28 so it'll do.

I just dropped the $300 on the PTM Pro.  I like the mirror but cringe at the price.

Back